Will Tomac do it again ?

The last time he started a season off like this we saw Eli put over a minute between him and 2nd place.  

I suspect if he can keep it off the ground we will see this again

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lowmass said:

The last time he started a season off like this we saw Eli put over a minute between him and 2nd place.  

I suspect if he can keep it off the ground we will see this again

Na.  He figured out the hard way that winning by a minute doesn't score you more points, but it can lead to unplanned earth tilling exercises.  

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 3

Tomac is a bit too much like Stewart/Roczen.  You do not have to take 1st in every race at all cost.  You do not need to lap every other rider on the track. 

Roczen, Stewart, and Tomac are definitely the most talented riders out there in pure skill, but they lack a winning strategy IMO.  

If Tomac would ride Musquin's tail the entire race and then pass at the end Musquin would either crash out or be completely demoralized. 

And Tomac wouldn't have to push it over the limit at all times and crash out.  He could ride some nice easy races and win the championship

if he just rode a little smarter.    

• Like 2

We all have a "speed." Tomac's is just interplanetary fast. It's difficult to ride at a different pace. I imagine Eli is comfortable at a certain speed, so slowing down to please TT Pro readers probably isn't a big priority to him. After years of battling hard with Bagget, Roczen and even Barcia in the 250 class, he still doesn't quite believe backing down is really an option. To me, he looked really patient last weekend while working through the (slower) field.

He's a good young man with amazing ability. He's come back from terrible injuries to be the dominantly fast rider in the premier 450 class. He has earned my respect, and I hope he has a successful MX season. I can't think of a more deserving rider.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, motrock93b said:

We all have a "speed." Tomac's is just interplanetary fast. It's difficult to ride at a different pace. I imagine Eli is comfortable at a certain speed, so slowing down to please TT Pro readers probably isn't a big priority to him. After years of battling hard with Bagget, Roczen and even Barcia in the 250 class, he still doesn't quite believe backing down is really an option. To me, he looked really patient last weekend while working through the (slower) field.

He's a good young man with amazing ability. He's come back from terrible injuries to be the dominantly fast rider in the premier 450 class. He has earned my respect, and I hope he has a successful MX season. I can't think of a more deserving rider.

Eli did not look patient last week......  

Eli did not look patient last week......  

To me, he looked patient until he caught Marvin. That took a bit more determination.
  • Like 1

last week was a rut fest. A bit slower pace nessasary. What will happen when the track is more matched to Eli's speed?

hopefully he has learned but as some say there is "a speed" that works for any specific style/rider. 

It is exciting though when he is at warp and the temptation to demoralize the field is likley always there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

All he's gotta do is roll around in 3rd & wait everyone out....

* * *He's not that kind of guy * * *

You can tell he really likes racing and the challenge of winning, convincingly.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TDW said:

* * *He's not that kind of guy * * *

You can tell he really likes racing and the challenge of winning, convincingly.

He also appears to enjoy choking harder than Jenna Jameson...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, motrock93b said:

He needs focus.. Ive seen him get a good start and then look like a lost dog out front too early...  In desert racing its difficult to maintain the pace you can ride when your out there with nothing but trail and cactus.... Eli is the bull who wants to see that red cape to make the charge. I believe that telling him to essentially go slower would make him more dangerous because of his style of riding , which is ballistic missile typically.

His mechanic should jack up his launch control and anything else he can to ensure  a poor start , make him come from behind, he obviously has the speed and stamina to make it happen... Obvious problem there is dealing with traffic and riders making mistakes in front of him possibly collecting him up in it.  I think its gonna have to be "Pin It To Win It" for ET3 !!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

If that's his goal we'll see the same ending to this season... Anyone need a reminder?

Bet?

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

He also appears to enjoy choking harder than Jenna Jameson...

This post is worthless without pics!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YHGEORGE said:

This post is worthless without pics!

Theres a whole video of it, its titled Tomac chokes in Arlington, search youtube.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

I'm thinking you don't know WTF you are talking about, Round Eye.

Busted :blush:.  Ok, here's my real picks, I was just kidding before:

1. Davalos

2. Craig

3. Bogle

• Like 3