Sign in to follow this  

Spring rates? 2012 wr450f

Hello again, question about spring rates. First off I'm 5'9.5" and about 180 pounds. Trying to set up my suspension best I can without shipping it off and spending 750-1000$. I ride everything, from home to work 5 miles on pavement, around the farm, on the track, some wanna be endurocross stuff, hill climbs.... i have one bike and cannot afford to have another. So yeah setting up for everything means I have to sacrifice on everything. But anyway, the front fork is too soft. I have done oil and clickers. I have been watching cross training enduro videos on YouTube all winter and am jacked up to do some slow speed "technical" riding and climbing rather than my old motocross habits. Trying to get a little safer as years go by. Factory spring rate is .46kg, and when you go on rockymountainmc website one chassis alternate, the spring rates are listed DescriptionSPRING, FRONT FORK (K=4.6N/MM) | AP

How does one decipher their rate as compared to the race tech and factory connection calculator? I'm leaning toward a .48-.5 kg. Says on the calculator I need .48 enduro and .5 mx. I saw a set of factory yz450f springs on eBay that were .49kg. That would save me some $$$ as they were less than half the price. What are your thoughts and advice experienced wr riders? Thanks Guys