While at the Casey Folks celebration, they had a few of his old race bikes and gear on display.  What they did on the old days is take apart a flashlight (think of those cheesy c-cell lights) and duct tape the reflector to the helmet and used a home made battery pack on a belt.

It worked fine for them, it will work fine for you.  

this setup is 2 20w led spots and 2 battery packs so its a bit stronger the 2 c cel  batteries (i think you are talking about d cel)

and i ride in the woods on rocky terrain so i need god lighting 

I have a Proshot gopro mount on my chin bar and bought an adapter to bolt the light to it. I keep the battery in my hydration pack.

My original set up was on top of the helmet but it cast a shadow from the visor plus liked to catch low hanging branches.

20170525_171541-M.jpg

Edited by gots_a_sol

4 minutes ago, gots_a_sol said:

My original set up was on top of the helmet but it cast a shadow from the visor plus liked to catch low hanging branches.

yah had the same problem this is  why i moved it under the visor didn't think about the gopro nice and i allso keep it in my pack 

i wase supposed the test this setup today but wase to tired to ride next week for shore chse it's going to bee 32 c+ degree and the summer haven started yet 

p.s vines are worse the branches