Well I did it.

Bought a rekluse for my Yz450fx.  Got the core 3.0 exp.  I've never tried one or installed one but looks pretty straight forward and figured got the thirty days if I don't like it.  

Thought I was lazy for having e-start.  Guess it comes with getting older.  Any tips or tricks for install to help would be appreciated thanks.

Should be able to find some good videos on YouTube.

For what's it worth, I test rode a 450FX with a 3.0 Rekluse recently at a demo day. It was AWESOME! Way easier to ride in the woods than my '14 450F / manual clutch. Strangely enough the bike felt lighter to me then my bike even though the FX is really heavier.

52 minutes ago, Krannie McKranface said:

Check the play 1 hour after installing it, and again at 5 hours, then you will be golden.

By "checking the play" do you mean doing the rubberband deal on the clutch lever?

By "checking the play" do you mean doing the rubberband deal on the clutch lever?

Yes, that's the free play gain. Mine had to be re adjusted around the 5 hour mark.

Well got it installed, thing went smooth.  Did the break in then rode around the yard a little.  I think this thing is gonna be awesome can't wait to get out and really test it out.

• Like 1

Well got it installed, thing went smooth.  Did the break in then rode around the yard a little.  I think this thing is gonna be awesome can't wait to get out and really test it out.

It takes some getting used to on downhills you have to find the right gear based on your speed so the bike doesn't freewheel down the hill. You have to get the rpms up so the clutch engages

2 hours ago, Masterpeen said:

It takes some getting used to on downhills you have to find the right gear based on your speed so the bike doesn't freewheel down the hill. You have to get the rpms up so the clutch engages

I broke it in at a hare scramble this weekend in Logan Iowa course was insane with huge blind hills.  The clutch did awesome only one time I didn't make a hill cause a guy in front of me crashed.  I didn't roll back and die like everyone says a rekluse will do lol.  Just laid the bike down turned it around rolled back down and hit it again.  I hardly ever noticed it free wheeling if It did just flipped the throttle a little, engine breaking was their 90% of the time and when it wasn't I was holding the clutch in sliding the rear break down a steep hill which I guess I don't have to do.  All in all I say this was a awesome upgrade saved my ass in a couple hill climbs and a lot from stalling.

• Like 1