Could a Sumo'd 2000 WR400 keep up with the newer bikes at the track?

I can buy Excel rims with good Michelin tires and an oversized Motomaster rotor from a 09 yz450f. He said they'll fit, can anyone verify?

He's asking $750 and I'm thinking of jumping as I've always wanted a supermoto, plus I'll still have my KTM 350sxf for dirt. 

He brought up a track that's close by and I'd be interested in racing, but question is would I have any chance against the newer FI bikes? The WR feels a lot slower even than my 350 for instance. 

Edited by dR0

That's an ooooold bike and motor.

Probably all worn out inside....so I would steer clear of a bike that old for racing unless you like projects.

...but yes, set up correctly it is as fast as other similar diplacement stock bikes, accept KTM, which has more stock peak HP than anything else, but delivers the power 'soft'.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, dR0 said:

I can buy Excel rims with good Michelin tires and an oversized Motomaster rotor from a 09 yz450f. He said they'll fit, can anyone verify?

He's asking $750 and I'm thinking of jumping as I've always wanted a supermoto, plus I'll still have my KTM 350sxf for dirt. 

He brought up a track that's close by and I'd be interested in racing, but question is would I have any chance against the newer FI bikes? The WR feels a lot slower even than my 350 for instance. 

it is slower than your 350. way slower.