@honda@cr250@2000@2002@questino Honda Cr250 2000-2002 questions..

Hi guy's I would first like to take my time to say Hey and what's up to everyone :) ( I'm new here )

Okay, So I have a few questions regarding a Honda CR250 I might be buying for 600-$900.

One issue is it looks like it has swapped parts from other bikes or something along those lines, the ( Folks ) or ( shocks ) Don't look like they're original. I will post a picture below and the experts can let me know if its worth it and what is wrong with it..  I just don't want to get ripped off.. Thanks guys.. Here is the picture.

honda cr250.jpg

3 hours ago, Excitable said:

not a 2000-2002

its a 1997-1999

Do they come stock with the front folks saying " Honda " ?

just stickers, you can put any sticker on there.

Oh okay, i though the folks looked different, I just don't wanna buy a scrap man, im new with bikes but im a decent rider hahaha

also the asking price is really cheap.

It might be scrap tho, the people im getting it from is hard on theirt machines, they beat the shit out of them.... I know the person well.. :p Just hoping i don't buy a piece of shit lmao

But then again, a rebuild is fairly cheap. 

Reborn, I suggest doing more homework before dropping your money. That bike should have a plate on the frame showing the year. It looks very clean and well modded for a twenty year old db, $600-$900 is very cheap. Hmmmm.

also a rebuild is not cheap, chances are its not just engine work that is needed.

bearings, brakes, tires and whatever else you might need adds up pretty quick, i put about 3500 into my bike(97) and i still haven't opened up the motor.

• Like 1

Those cr's that era are bullet proof pretty much.  If it runs and goes half way decent and can get for 600$ I'd get it. Even if you put 1000 in it you'll have a good 1600 bike:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Looks like It doesnt have the orginal seat on it, seat is from a 02-07 but cosmetically it looks like it was taken care of. Its a 20 year old bike so re greasing and replacing bearings, seals, tires is a given but if the thing starts and runs Id take off with it for $600 before the guy realizes he can get about $800 more for it!

Also if you dont ride mx and youre strictly a trail guy, you could get away with riding it without replacing all of that stuff. Brakes, tires, top end and you should be good to go. not saying you shouldnt because you definitely should, but as long as youre only riding trails it wouldnt be urgent. Also Id check those rear brakes it looks like something is hanging off of the caliper.