How hard to make 93 dr350 street legal with blinkers?

Hi i was thinking about picking up a 1993 Suzuki dr350. But I would want to make it dual sport, street legal with blinkers,horn,speedo. How hard and expensive would this be to do? I figure already having power for the lights it's a start. Any info will help me decide if I should get this bike. Thanks

Say what state you're in; the laws vary.  I read up on California's law and found it would be illegal to convert a 2002 Yamaha TT225.  Maybe just maybe an older bike would be grandfathered in, but knowing the regulatory climate in Cali, I very much doubt it.

In C.T. I would just have to have headlight,taillight,blinkers,horn,Speedo and a license plate holder. Then go to inspection and they can give me a street legal title

i've done this, 94 dr350 in Texas.

here we dont need a speedo nor blinkers, but do require a brake light.

i added a hydraulic switch to the rear M/C for brake light. i added a horn with a diode in series (wont work on AC)

even with an LED taillight, its barely enough power to pass inspection. i imagine adding blinkers could make it more difficult.

I can just buy the tusk enduro street legal kit for 178$ on ebay and it will come with a battery, if your saying the factory stator isn't enough power for the extra lights. So I guess that would be the route id take. Thanks

Do you need high/low beams in CT? If so factor that into cost. Vapor dash/speedo another few hundred. Also DOT tires. Might need to upgrade/swap the VRR.

The dirt stator can run a headlight/blinkers but with nothing left to spare.

Definitely check CT laws for registering a dirt bike as a street bike - here in ME I just needed to provide receipts for the street parts and pay taxes on it.

Fun project but with a Craigslist price difference of $500 or so for dirt vs. street definitely plan ahead.

I did a full street conversion on my dirt-model 1990 and in the end was more expensive than just getting a DR350S. Keep in mind I did a lot of stuff like a full motor rebuild, adding a battery, upgrading the stator/VRR, etc. but costwise it adds up:

x7ALc49.png

Guess there is a little more to it like you said the factory headlight is just one setting no hi\low and all the other stuff. Just seems like it would for sure be a sweet ride after and more of a one of a kind with mods a lot of people don't have and a bike you don't see on the road every day.