ANYONE yz250 Swing arm swap PLEASE HELP

28 minutes ago, Ride_Flip_Repeat said:

Not sure if the 450 swim arm fits but I know for a fact the rear wheel on the 450 the axel is larger and so is the spacer on the 450. You cannot put a 450 wheel on a 250 swing arm and vice versa. Front is the same though.

The front wheel is not the same. The YZ has a 20mm front axle, the YZF is 22mm...

You can use the YZF wheel on a standard YZ swingarm if you make sleeves... 

51 minutes ago, Alcorn859 said:

I have a 2009 yz250

and got parts as listed from a 2016 450

swing arm 

rear brake assembly with holder

rear wheel 

and am debating if I need a linkage too !?? PLEASE HELP 

You'll need the axle, axles blocks, wheel but... Unless you plan on making sleeves... 

• Like 1

The linkage will not fit the 3 hole linkage will not fit OMG in sooo frustrated ! So apparently I have to buy the 2016 450 linkage as well to make it work ..... ???? Anyone that has done this before please give me your input ! 

I bought all parts via eBay off a brand new parted out 450 16' 

swingarm $300 

brake assembly with holder $200 

and I had all spacers axel blocks and entire wheel from a 14' 450 

IMG_0187.JPG

It's from a reputable seller and no the swingarm doesn't carry a vin# but that is besides the point has anyone done this modification with success ? 

Sorry just can't believe a 16 gets parted out but it happens bent frame etc. I think you need to read through the thread about "sleeving" the swingarm unless you use a wheel/hub from the 2016.

After re-reading the thread why did you choose to use parts from a 2016 450?

I have the 25 mm hub, rim,  axel blocks, and axel with spacers I need to know if I'm just going to mess the entire bike up by doing this modification.... and a lot of dealerships will buy out the bike after so many years sitting on the show room to clear inventory especially with a new body style coming out... they part them out and pretty much break even on the bike and clear it off their inventory 

0402171759_HDR.jpg.5d89a11bbe0bf0ceef0c00b75bfab611.jpg0402171758a.jpg.21a7fb17e5c4afa54b67d75260ca252d.jpgI did this swap last year and used all new parts as well from parted out 2015 yz450f... The linkage mounted up just fine (and everything else for that matter), so I'm not sure what issues you are having. The swing arm pivot bolt is smaller on the 450f (not sure what year that changed), but all I had to do was use the sleeves/ collars from my yz250 (outside diameter was the same, just a smaller ID on the 450F) ... I ended up getting a longer yamalink linkage arm as the newer 250/450F's use a much shorter arm.  

Edited by Chevy_97

Wheel: you can run either the 22 or 25mm axle wheel with the F swingarm. Yamaha uses the same arm on the F and FX, with the FX using the 22mm axle. So, you can use all the stock YZ parts with the F swingarm if you want. I've done it both ways. No problems.

Linkage: you can do a combination of things, but I think the F rocker and a 143.5mm aftermarket pull rod works the best. It also sets the rear height right about the same as stock.

You've got the arm on the bike, so now it's just a matter of deciding which wheel and linkage you want to run.   

• Like 3

I have the 25mm axel and 450 complete wheel I plan on running ..... man I wish I would have known the 143.5 mm linkage made the ride the same as stock after the swap I just sold that linkage to a buddy for dirt cheap