XR400 eBay 440cc big bore kits

Difficult to say , there are so many on E-bay and no Information who is actually the Shop that make them .

Got one 2 years ago and the Sleeve was not correct installed .

while new and never running everything looks perfect i notice some power loss after a few 100 km .

Turns out the sleeve had sunken about 0,6 mm lower in the Cylinder and witout pressure on the head gasket the Compressed gases could enter the Bore for the Cylinder bolts . That lower the compression and damage the head gasket .

They're getting cheaper every year!
I'm still running on a 440 kit from EBay that I bought in 2008 almost 10 years. Granted I probably only put 800 miles a year on that XR4.
Mine looked a lot like the one you linked. My fit and finish was pretty good. But 9 years ago I paid $349.
Like I said they are much cheaper today.

• Like 1

Awesome to hear! Hopefully them getting cheaper isn't a bad thing...do you know what the compression ratio was? That's info that I'm unable to get from the manufacturer. I've found a couple claiming 10.5:1 but I would really like to get 11.5:1 swing how cheap 93 octane is here. 

14 hours ago, 95toyrunner said:

Did you use a kit that cam with a sleeve only or the whole cylinder?

Of course the whole Cylinder .

And the seller offer it in 10.5 and 11.5 compression .

Order the 10.5 , got the right kit but now after i need to Mill the Cylinder and Head after the compressed gases had damage the mating surface and the Gasket it's about 11.4 and with the 95 oktane i get here thats to much .

Will lower it when i have time for the XR

I run the Namura 440 kit I bought off Ebay. The head gasket blew right away (around 10 hours) but since I put a cometic gasket it has run with no issues and been raced several times and sports a 40mm pumper, HRC cam, and XR's only exhaust. About 16 months time since the overhaul and probably more than 50 hours.

• Like 1