wife might be getting old

I guess my wife is getting old. She thinks my '93 600 is too loud. I'm thinking its probably my 14 yr old son, that's always brapping or it might be the FMF that's close to being a straight pipe.  I repacked it last fall and that help a little.

I guess I hoping someone a stocker laying around they could cut me a deal on.  Looks on Fleabay, for what the are going for on there, I'll get her some  earplugs

• Like 1

Which FMF ? I put a spark arrester in my Powercore-4 to take the ''edge'' off. They also have quiet inserts for most of their pipes.

I'm not really sure which model it is. It was on the bike when I got it.  I'll look tomorrow and see. Will it tell on it what series it is?

Only on the FMF sticker if it's still on it. See what it looks like on FMF's website.

Thanks.  I know its got a badge riveted on it, but not sure about a sticker.

2 hours ago, tucan said:

I guess my wife is getting old. She thinks my '93 600 is too loud. I'm thinking its probably my 14 yr old son, that's always brapping or it might be the FMF that's close to being a straight pipe.  I repacked it last fall and that help a little.

I guess I hoping someone a stocker laying around they could cut me a deal on.  Looks on Fleabay, for what the are going for on there, I'll get her some  earplugs

Weird, the older I get, the less I hear......

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Muzz67 said:

Weird, the older I get, the less I hear......

same here, I think she may be getting less tolerable

• Like 1

My powercore 4 is on the edge of being annoying,,but I love the sound at idle,maybe I should just run the bike at idle and look cool running it in the garage with my helmet on..:thumbsup:

or I could get off my arse and do something about it,,,:lol:

B

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billus8144163 said:

I have a stock pipe off ok of a 2003 xr400. They might be the same. 

got any pics?

I was way off, its a Pro Circuit Platinum pipe.  Not sure were the FMF came from.  Still loud as hell though