Just sharing my 2012 wr450f project

I love looking through other people's "builds" and bikes so I thought I'd share mine. Though it's nothing special just your average guys bike.

Today I made a custom mount for my vapor. It's not finished but work in progress. I wanted to utilize the factory rubber mounts from stock unit

IMG_3438.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

Other day I fitted my galfer oversized rotor kit, and had to modify to allow room for the vapor speed pickup sensor.

IMG_3440.JPGIMG_3441.JPG

I got blue galfer stainless braided brake lines crossing my fingers and hoping for better brake feel.

IMG_3444.JPG

Got the flatland racing speed pickup cover/wheel spacer.

IMG_3442.JPG

Decided to throw in some blue silicon rad hoses while I had it apart for the temp sensor.

IMG_3445.JPG

I dual sport the bike so I have blinkers. just made some out of led strip lights and stuck to edge of number plates. Fronts are going to be cheapo eBay led ones.

IMG_3454.JPG

Made a huge mistake and bought kenda k270 tires and made an even worse mistake and put them on the bike... way to street oriented for me. I am using the bike to take my motorcycle road test so had to buy dot rated tires and for some reason that day they seemed good to me. It's really tough to setup your bike for everything. A commuter/trail/enduro/play/track everything bike.

Replacing the moose hand guards with Cycra pro bend. In the mail.

Seat concepts low seat on order.

Moose case saver and tusk magnetic oil drain plug in the mail.

Kyb .49 front fork springs in the mail

Got any tips or things you have on your bikes that you really like? Let me know what you think.

• Like 4