1996-1994 XR250R Carb VS 1986-1995 VS Pre-86

Hey everyone, this site is a wealth of knowledge! Thank you to every one the contributes, unlike me who just lurks.....I have searched to no avail....so here it goes.... I recently bought a project 2003 XR250R thats stock besides FMF exhaust....it came with no carb....can some one that has definitive knowledge tell me if a 1986-1995 XR250R is a direct bolt on? Or what about a 79' xr250 Chinese cheap copy carb from ebay? What I'm after is any carb that will bolt on with out modifications other then jetting....on the cheap of course. 96-2004 carbs seem hard and expensive to come by. I'm open to all suggestions of course! I am not necessarily looking for max performance but something that will make the bike run somewhat well.

Edited by Tim Rogers

Ok I looked at my 02 carb and my 91 carb.

They are very similar but not 100% identical.

The 02 carb has a couple of mouldings on the body of the carb at the front near the inlet manifold, 1 on either side

1 hour ago, honduki said:

Ok I looked at my 02 carb and my 91 carb.

They are very similar but not 100% identical.

The 02 carb has a couple of mouldings on the body of the carb at the front near the inlet manifold, 1 on either side

Thanks Honduki, as far as you can tell they are dimensionally the same in terms of being interchangeable? 

Anyone out there ever actually run or try a different generation xr250 carb on there bike?