FE-S license plate light delete Question..

I'm finally getting around to ridding my 501s of the ugly/prone to break stock tail assembly, and affixing a new off-road oem 'license plate holder'.

So my question is, what did you guys do with your bike's brown and white wires that lead to the license plate light?

Did you just cut em, cap each of them or tape the ends? Did you somehow disassemble further to preserve the stock components just in case?

Did you reuse these wires in some crafty way? Let me know, thanks.

20170525_203253.thumb.jpg.3d7d2eb4358c228a452e10baaaf1b95a.jpg

I'm finally getting around to ridding my 501s of the ugly/prone to break stock tail assembly, and affixing a new off-road oem 'license plate holder'.
So my question is, what did you guys do with your bike's brown and white wires that lead to the license plate light?
Did you just cut em, cap each of them or tape the ends? Did you somehow disassemble further to preserve the stock components just in case?
Did you reuse these wires in some crafty way? Let me know, thanks.
20170525_203253.thumb.jpg.3d7d2eb4358c228a452e10baaaf1b95a.jpg

IMG_20170406_174903.jpgreceived_10154910657166253.jpeg

IMG_20170406_174903.jpg.3289b3d826154925072f35263fd059d4.jpgreceived_10154910657166253.jpeg.b71dc883cb7f4c9074a5f93a4861ac00.jpeg

Small led light, rewired everything and made a fender adapter with a cut and trimbed piece of teflin 1/4 thick...
  • Like 1

Small led light, rewired everything and made a fender adapter with a cut and trimbed piece of teflin 1/4 thick...

Teflon....

Cut the original turn signals, re used them and welded to the aftermarket kit, and used wiring heat shrink insolator.

That's really cool. I dig the idea of integrated turn signals in the LED brake light assembly. Maybe next time I break stuff I can go the route you took as it does look clean!

Does anyone care to break down the more traditional mod for me? Since I already spent roughly $100 on the off-road fender piece and close to $50 on the Sicass flush mount signals, I just need to know what I should do with this remaining plate light and its brown and its white wire..

I was wrong in my last post. the 2016 fe501 plate carrier I bought is like $25..

it's the 'offroad version' of a tail light that the dealer said is going to set me back another $100 (found online for under just $70).

I'm not down for that.. I can't believe I didn't notice that the shapes are totally different and the bolt holes are not even close to lining up.

Can someone chime in and tell me what they would do?

I'm just glad I didn't cut any wires yet... it's going back to stock (whale tail and all) for now..

I'm probably just gonna figure out how to modify the stock one (Originally the plan was to put it away in the garage in case California decides to get even more uptight about the equipment on or not on our street legal dirt bikes.

Edited by tyler90