Has anyone had this severe of a break?

Wow, glad that you got it fixed. Wishing you a great recovery

• Like 1

Almost everyone on the website, myself included, have had at least that serious of a break.

• Like 3

Didn't mean to insult, just wondering the average outcome. Second time I've broken the radius, but unfortunately this one was in the joint, 15+ pieces, and a median nerve compression. I have a 250f just sitting there waiting haha.

Edited by Cwelborn211

With a break at the joint, the probability of long term stiffness goes up. And, you'll likely have a little friend that will talk to you in your old age. ;) All the best healing up! I broke my thumb tip in 4 places 3 months ago and I'm back riding. It gets a little stiff, but I just keep up with my ranging. Life's a bitch sometimes.

You might investigate one of these as your wrist strengthens:

The brace has 0-60° Variable Extension Control

file_79_6.jpg

Thank you guys for the replies, hate to hear everyone has had all these injuries. I've been reading a bit on braces, I'll have to check out the one your posted Bryan.

Funny thing, it didn't hurt the bike a bit haha.

IMG_0168.JPG

Had these small fractures in Feb. Not nearly as bad as yours and it is still stiff. Doc said I would probably feel a little pain for a year.

wrist.jpg

• Like 1

You will be fine..... As long as you let it heal before you try riding again. Yes that injury will haunt you for the rest of your life..... Its the price you pay to ride.... If you love to ride, you WILL continue to pay up.... LET it heal, go riding..... GOOD LUCK

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guys. ehall yours is similar, minus the metal. We will see how well I was put back together..