Installing the head gasket

4 ugga duggas, evenly spaced.

Seriously though: Google 1998 CR250 service manual and one should pop up you can read through.

16 minutes ago, Jupiter jack said:

Is it a 1x criss cross torque or 3x

I always do like 16 first in x pattern 

Well you gotta give more info than that lol bottom end could be gone for all I know. Why did you have head off exc... run before?  

1 minute ago, Jupiter jack said:

It was leaking coolent from the overflow

An nice puddle of coolent

Then you may have coolant in bottom end still. And exsuast could have somein it also if it was real bad

When i had it at the shop tht guy was supposed to change the packing in the muffler but he said the screws were 2 tight

2 minutes ago, Jupiter jack said:

My bike kept fouling spark plugs out i was say from bad gas

Well it is a 98' so unless it's been fully recently rebiuld then could be just whooped out . They don't last forever unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Jupiter jack said:

When i had it at the shop tht guy was supposed to change the packing in the muffler but he said the screws were 2 tight

Lol what?  He wasn't strong enough to loosen them? A shop said that dam that's funny 

Now after kicking a 100 times she fired up now the problem is coming 2 a stop she likes to bog out unless im on the gas

how much compression does it have. If you don't know if it's time for a rebuild most likely it is waaay past time. How did the cylinder walls look? Cross hatching everywhere?

Cylinder was clean but i think its time got a guy willing to trade me a non working banshee for my cr 250 plus $500 i think its a deal all of my friends on banshee runners