Power Valve

When I change my power valve springs green, yellow and red, should transmission oil becoming out of there?

OK great well if it's leaking I'd like to fix it. And when I say some oil came out I mean half a cup. it just seemed to keep pouring out. That is quite a bit due to the length of time it takes you to switch Springs.

Thats alot of OIL! What year is your bike. Your are going to have to get a new o-ring. Go to motosport.com look up your year of bike and it will show you the new parts (o-rings) you need.

It only happens when I take that cover off where you can adjust the spring I have replaced the ring around that so when is tightened up it doesn't leak. I looked at the schematics under OEM parts he can't find O-ring that you're talking about.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, Fastermtb said:

It only happens when I take that cover off where you can adjust the spring I have replaced the ring around that so when is tightened up it doesn't leak. I looked at the schematics under OEM parts he can't find O-ring that you're talking about.

that's normal. yes there is transmission oil behind there. just put the bike on the kick stand when you change springs, nothing will pour out.

You have to lean the bike completely on its side to change the springs without pouring oil everywhere...

• Like 1

I lean my bike over completely and rest the handlebar grip on bike stand. Not one drop of oil comes out. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Southernend said:

I lean my bike over completely and rest the handlebar grip on bike stand. Not one drop of oil comes out. 

you don't need to tip it that far. resting on the kick stand will do. try it. no need to dump gas everywhere.