suzuki drz400 speed cable help ?

Hey guys, so my speedo stopped working, and i can see why, its cut off at the bottom, so im going to replace it, (First of all i know trailtech better etc etc,) but im just looking for a new speedometer cable to a drz400 2007-2008 SM anyone got any idea where it is cheap or any universal that fits?? :)

18742287_10154793899206051_1039603931_o.jpg

eBay is your best bet. I bought a replacement that was slightly longer than the old cable but works fine. Think it was £7.00 GBP

• Like 2

@Gary in NJ yes, yeah that sucks..  @Daleslad been looking at ebay, and oem ones is like 24+ dollars, but shipping to norway is also like 20 dollars.. :/ Can you link me the one you bought that worked fine ? :)

• Like 1

[mention=494080]Gary in NJ[/mention] yes, yeah that sucks..  [mention=486264]Daleslad[/mention] been looking at ebay, and oem ones is like 24+ dollars, but shipping to norway is also like 20 dollars.. :/ Can you link me the one you bought that worked fine ?

Hi I can't share the link as it was a while ago. Just search 'DRZ Speedo cable' & im sure you'll find what you're after…

This happened on my bike but it was on the top end. It apparently backed out of the speedometer by itself and it seems to be working since I put it back in there. Anyway I was looking for one for my bike since I thought I busted the cable. I found it for $33 bucks on cheapcycleparts OEM for my bike. Thats honestly pennies, a speed sensor for any 2000+ car is going to be over $100 bucks new so thats no big deal. I haven't taken it apart though so I can't say if you would need more then the cable. I just don't know.

One thing though is buying stuff like that online I usually find a few other things the bike needs so I can get free shipping. This way that $33 doesn't hammer you for like 47 bucks with shipping. Id rather spend say 50 and get a couple things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, magzix said:

@Daleslad I see, ehm can i use DRZ S modell cable on a SM ?

yes but it could be 5cm longer.

you could try searching ebay europe for suzuki #34910-29F20.I saw one for 27 euros and i'm sure there are others available too.

• Like 1

I bought a drz s cable for like 15 bucks with shipping from the Uk on ebay im going to try it cheapset i found OEM was 27 dollars + 15 for shipping i think