Boyesen rad valve problem

so i got a rad valve and i'm one hundred percent sure that that part number corresponds with my year of bike, it's a 03 cr250 and the rad valve just doesn't fit into the intake problem? how do i solve this?? Image1495853317.794686.jpg

Image1495853367.852484.jpg

i'm not sure if my pictures will post but if so i think it's from either the screws or the part that folds up abit, is there any way to solve this?

The first time I tried putting my Radvalve into my 03 it didn't seem to fit either. A light tap and it went in. Now it goes in and comes out no problem. Yeah, it was strange.

Reed valve not rad valve. If it won't fit either way then it must have been mislabeled.

at boyesen it's called a rad valve, product name
The first time I tried putting my Radvalve into my 03 it didn't seem to fit either. A light tap and it went in. Now it goes in and comes out no problem. Yeah, it was strange.

how light of a tap are we talking? because i tried putting pressure on it and no luck

It doesn't look like the bolt holes match up at all.  I would take pictures of it and contact Boyesen and ask them what they suggest.  It looks from your pictures like you have the completely wrong part.

no the bolt holes seem to line up if the valve went all the way into the intake which it does not

Just now, BrapLife88 said:

Weird, in my bike and snowmobile mechanic training everything calls them reed valves and that's all I've ever known them as.

It is a Reed valve, boyesen calls this product the rad valve.  Just semantics

• Like 1

Either wrong one or upside down.  Looking like there's no bolt hole in the side. First pic

my apologies for the picture, looks odd but there is a bolt hole there, and upside down doesn't come close to fitting in.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, boulet12 said:

my apologies for the picture, looks odd but there is a bolt hole there, and upside down doesn't come close to fitting in.

Hmmmm looks like it will bolt up. Take them screws out see if fits in bolts up. Check bottom ones maybe something to do with that. If not and now way it fits in with screws in then gotta be wrong one. But I'd take it apart alitte and try to investigate it that way. See if it does line up first ?

Hmmmm looks like it will bolt up. Take them screws out see if fits in bolts up. Check bottom ones maybe something to do with that. If not and now way it fits in with screws in then gotta be wrong one. But I'd take it apart alitte and try to investigate it that way. See if it does line up first ?

IMG_1812.JPG
good idea, took of the screws and reeds and goes in without a problem, so the problem is either the screws or the bridge, any suggestions?

37 minutes ago, boulet12 said:

IMG_1812.JPG
good idea, took of the screws and reeds and goes in without a problem, so the problem is either the screws or the bridge, any suggestions?

Hmmm man thing is you shouldn't have to Cobb job it in . I always ran vforce and boyeson's I see are already on engines I just take them out clean but back in 'engine rebiulds ' . What hits the screws it that bent up lip on the plate? 

Just now, Motox367 said:

Hmmm man thing is you shouldn't have to Cobb job it in . I always ran vforce and boyeson's I see are already on engines I just take them out clean but back in 'engine rebiulds ' . What hits the screws it that bent up lip on the plate? 

I use to watch Dag boyeson race man was he fast. Had a cr500 engine in Suzuki 250 frame back in late 90's. 

• Like 1

it's either that lips or the head of the screws