Wanna upgrade from 125 to 250 2 stroke

7 hours ago, Dirtshark808 said:

Why not, it's going to have a lot more power but you will get the hang of it. If you feel like you want more power I say go for it. Wish I still had a two stroke as a fun play bike.

Thanks for the reply is there anything that's majorly different than a 125 compared to the 250 other than power.

Nothing majorly different just a 125 with twice the power and it will feel a little heavier. I up graded my 15yr old from a 125 to a 250 and he rides it fine. A 250 does have a lot of power and when that power ban kicks in it can get pretty wild pretty fast so you do have to respect it. If you don't it will teach you to pretty quick.lol

Thanks for the reply is there anything that's majorly different than a 125 compared to the 250 other than power.

The larger engine creates more gyroscopic effect so the bike "feels" much heavier compared to a 125 than it really is. It's all relative because a 2T 250 feels much lighter than 250F. You will feel the difference in turns, air and while braking.
On the plus side, they feel more stable at speed.

I changed to 250's around the same time. To me , 250's are easier to ride because the power is much more useful. If you haven't ridden one, the power is strong from the bottom on up. If you're​ comfortable on your 125, you will adapt very quickly. Other than having bottom end power, the difference on top won't feel as extreme. When you get back on your 125 after riding a 250, it will feel pretty flat by comparison.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, michaelchristie207 said:

Yz250's are great all around bikes. Tons of aftermarket parts. Fast and can be ridden just about everywhere. And they're still in production which shows their doing something right! 

Yep I trust Yamaha the most cause they do the 2 stroke world justice. ktms and huskys are too expensive.