300 XC hydraulic clutch woes

I just picked up a '11 300 XC, and upon my first ride, I found the clutch bleeding off quickly when you use it for anything other than easily going through the gears. I began by simply bleeding it, and after back bleeding it with no luck, I purchased a MC rebuild kit. I put the kit in, and it still isn't working. I've gravity bled it, bled it with a vacuum bleeder, and back bled it, and it still has the same trait. 

Now I know now the next logical answer is to rebuild the slave cylinder, but the way it acts, it still seems like a MC issue, because it doesn't start losing its pressure unless I jiggle the clutch lever. Like the plunger isn't sealing against the cylinder, and jiggling it allows it to leak past.  Does anyone have insight in this? Am I over thinking it, and I should just throw a $60 slave cylinder rebuild kit at it?

Maybe you simply have air somewhere up top.

here is how you bleed a hyd clutch:

you will make a slight mess, just how it is, obtain a syringe. Fill syringe with whatever your system takes. Connect to your bleed screw on slave. Crack bleed screw, inject syringe, at same time looking up top at master cylinder res. You might see bubbles in the fluid up top. Once syringe is expelled, close bleed valve. If there was still bubbles showing up top, start process over until no bubbles. 

You might find that with bleed screw cracked when you inject it just leaks out threads. In that case find a small oring to stick around threads to buffer that. I have a fitting i made that screws in place of the bleed screw, but the oring trick works as well.

if you do the above, and still no action, then yes you have a mechanical fault. On the slave it is just one oring, you shouldnt need to buy a whole kit.  

6 minutes ago, Byron909 said:

Maybe you simply have air somewhere up top.

here is how you bleed a hyd clutch:

you will make a slight mess, just how it is, obtain a syringe. Fill syringe with whatever your system takes. Connect to your bleed screw on slave. Crack bleed screw, inject syringe, at same time looking up top at master cylinder res. You might see bubbles in the fluid up top. Once syringe is expelled, close bleed valve. If there was still bubbles showing up top, start process over until no bubbles. 

You might find that with bleed screw cracked when you inject it just leaks out threads. In that case find a small oring to stick around threads to buffer that. I have a fitting i made that screws in place of the bleed screw, but the oring trick works as well.

if you do the above, and still no action, then yes you have a mechanical fault. On the slave it is just one oring, you shouldnt need to buy a whole kit.  

Yes, you just described back bleeding, which as I said, I have done. 

When back bleeding the clutch, don't you have to make sure the lever is in a specific location for the plunger to be in the correct position? I bled mine a year ago and old man foggy memory tells me I had to do something with the lever or it didn't work right.?