Tranny Oil

My 88 RM250 manual calls for a 20w40 weight oil for use in the transmission. Just wondering how you all felt about Shell Rotella 15w40 from Wally World to use in there? Would a bike this old run well if I went with a synthetic oil in the tranny?

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, rocket0322 said:

My 88 RM250 manual calls for a 20w40 weight oil for use in the transmission. Just wondering how you all felt about Shell Rotella 15w40 from Wally World to use in there? Would a bike this old run well if I went with a synthetic oil in the tranny?

Thoughts?

Use it you'll find many many do. Doesn't get any better thanthat stuff. I use it in my 450 and twostrokes trannys, truck, ttr125, riding lawn mower lol everything.  Probably could drink that stuff and live to 100 :thumbsup: 15/40 triple protection or T4 now they change jug. But still says triple protection.  

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

I run it on all my 2 strokes, wet clutch 750 king quad, and my 6.7 Cummins.... best stuff I've used for dirt bikes, actually I have switched from regular t3 to the rotella t6  5-40 synthetic slightly better clutch feel...  Jaso MA rating is what to look for.

• Like 1