Just bought a new 2017 yz250fx, has about 2 hours on it and ive already done an oil change, and overall made sure everything is in good condition.

I rode for about an hour last Saturday around a farm and than stopped to turn off the bike, about 20 minutes later I came back and started it up and now every time I rev it/ blip the throttle the bike just shuts off.

Than about 6 days later tried again, Now it wont even run without choke, I warm the bike up on choke and as soon as I shut it off bike turns off

Not only do I want to fix this so i can ride my NEW bike, I am very pissed because its brand new and ive done nothing wrong to it.

Any help is much appreciated 

Edited by EDL96

Take it back to the dealership.

Id suspect the issue is in the accelerator pump.

Just tried it again today, now (its sat for 6 days) it wont run at all without choke just dies. I warmed it up for quite a while and tried to turn choke off, and bike just shuts off.

going to edit post.....

Edited by EDL96

15 hours ago, William1 said:

No AP, it is FI. Check the choke/idle speed adjustment. Your owners manual covers it.

alright Ill give it a look

22 hours ago, EDL96 said:

alright Ill give it a look

choke knob rotates to increase or decrease idle...

Amen, that's what the warrenty is for.  Get your moneys worth out of that warrenty.

On 5/27/2017 at 3:12 PM, EDL96 said:

Just tried it again today, now (its sat for 6 days) it wont run at all without choke just dies. I warmed it up for quite a while and tried to turn choke off, and bike just shuts off.

going to edit post.....

YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOKE.

You have a fast idle knob. 

Why don't you respond to the advice given?

Why don't you turn up the idle?

after a bike breaks in, it's normally pretty reasonable to expect you're going to have to fiddle with the idle adjustment. 

I have a 1994 cr125 locked up when ridding I let it cool down and now it feels fine just will not start pulled off the cap for the jug and for the most that I can see every thing looks fine any clues 

3 minutes ago, Dustin White said:

I have a 1994 cr125 locked up when ridding I let it cool down and now it feels fine just will not start pulled off the cap for the jug and for the most that I can see every thing looks fine any clues 

Ummm, are you lost?  ?

Edited by Nevada Al