Would this cause my bike to backfire and pop?(picture)  I have been through the carb like 6 times and that's not working 

20170527_163845.jpg

You need to start looking at all the connection points.  Odds are the center perforated pipe in the muffler has been knocked out of alignment and bent.  Along with that, the mid pipe joint probably got a knock, as did the head pipe.  I'd take the whole system loose and start at the head and re-install it after I straightened out the muffler.  But that's me.

My GFs 250f was backfiring like crazy and was getting hard to start. Checked the valves and they were all out of spec, the centre intake valve had zero clearance . Also the air screw had a crapy o-ring and the float needle was grooved and was overfilling the bowl.

Hope this helps

Oh and her header pipe has a good dent/ bend in it and it still runs great. Probably not at max throttle but we never ride there anyways.

A bent pipe won't make a pop or cause it to back fire. Heres a question, does it pop when letting off the throttle or giving it gas?    If its popping when you let off its more than likely an exhaust leak, it won't hurt your motor but other than being annoying and depending on how bad you can lose power.  Check your header pipe for a copper crush gasket at the motor, if the gasket is there and in good shape just tighten it up really good.  Careful not to break a bolt!  Check torque specs.  Secondly check where your header meets the exhaust pipe, some are a really good tight fit but when mix matching pipes you could have a big gap and that would require a gasket and a clamp.   And yes, make sure all bolts are in use and nice and tight.  If your pipe is flopping around it will leak!

If its back firing and popping when you give it gas, it could be a few possible things.  Best case you're running too lean.  You need less oxygen and more fuel so richen it up. (See owners manual).    Worse case is your valves are shot.  See motorcycle mechanic and Insert cry here!

Edited by Thrasher MX