Hows that steel frame working out for Baggett?

33 minutes ago, rebelbanshee said:

seems ok

He's had one moto out of 4 in the position he should be. He didn't look comfortable at Hangtown and he still looked sketchy on some sections today. I think people underestimate just how much of a change that bike is...

Edited by Cigaro
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cigaro said:

:thinking:

Looking like he's figuring it out...   and I'd say way better than that Yamashit frame is for Webb that nobody wants to ride.

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Looking like he's figuring it out...   and I'd say way better than that Yamashit frame is for Webb that nobody wants to ride.

Webb is not that good. He was 100% over hyped.

• Like 1

On the podium, Baggett said they made a ton of changes (suspension, triple clamps, etc) and that he feels more comfortable on it, but that it would probably take a few more races to get it completely dialed in.

• Like 2

People have been racing steel frames for decades, has nothing to do with anything. Less flex is better.

Considering that steel frames currently lead the points chase in the AMA 450 class, 250 class, the MXGP MX1 class and the MX2 class, one might ask how is the aluminum frame working out for others.

• Like 12

I cant believe no one has said something like "its 90% rider, 10% bike" yet.

The bike does play a big role in the success of a rider and there are many examples of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mongo134 said:

People have been racing steel frames for decades, has nothing to do with anything. Less flex is better.

Considering that steel frames currently lead the points chase in the AMA 450 class, 250 class, the MXGP MX1 class and the MX2 class, one might ask how is the aluminum frame working out for others.

The Japanese didn't move to aluminum because its better.  It's because it can be welded with less machining required.  Read that as reduced mfg cost.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

The Japanese didn't move to aluminum because its better.  It's because it can be welded with less machining required.  Read that as reduced mfg cost.  

No that's not it at all, they did it for the same reason Yamaha flipped their cylinder around. Marketing gimmick. It's heavier, cost's more to manufacture (from what I've read) and has worse flex characteristics and doesn't last as long. But stupid people eat it up... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

No that's not it at all, they did it for the same reason Yamaha flipped their cylinder around. Marketing gimmick. It's heavier, cost's more to manufacture (from what I've read) and has worse flex characteristics and doesn't last as long. But stupid people eat it up... 

Nope.  You're wrong on that one big boy.  It was to reduce manufacturing cost.  Same with air forks.  Aluminum frames are cheaper to mfg.  I'll go avatars & username for the next 10 years.  Deal?

• Like 6

14 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

Webb is not that good. He was 100% over hyped.

You are 100% correct.  Seems a 450 is too much for the little fella to handle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Nope.  You're wrong on that one big boy.  It was to reduce manufacturing cost.  Same with air forks.  Aluminum frames are cheaper to mfg.  I'll go avatars & username for the next 10 years.  Deal?

Turns out you're right, more cheap garbage from the jap scrap manufacturers... 

http://motocrossactionmag.com/ask-the-mxperts-16/

2 hours ago, BLSJDS said:

On the podium, Baggett said they made a ton of changes (suspension, triple clamps, etc) and that he feels more comfortable on it, but that it would probably take a few more races to get it completely dialed in.

#1   KTM needs to move Baggett into the Factory rig.   

#2   Aldon Baker

• Like 1

@KTMRider4Life in a mass production setting aluminum is much cheaper to work with than steel. 

In a Motorsports setting, when steel is done right, it's stronger and lighter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

You are 100% correct.  Seems a 450 is too much for the little fella to handle.

People said the same thing about Baggett.

39 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

People said the same thing about Baggett.

First of all, healthy Baggett is the better rider.

But Baggett is on a great bike and has been his entire 450 career. That yamaha is a piece of shit. It's terrible and always has been

• Like 3

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

All your doing is confirming that the Jap brands are all a bunch of cheap ass mother &%$#@!ers. But we knew that already, didn't we!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Turns out you're right, more cheap garbage from the jap scrap manufacturers... 

http://motocrossactionmag.com/ask-the-mxperts-16/

Yeah. No tube bending, the aluminum parts are cast / forged / extruded and come out ready to weld.

I believe KTM when they say they stayed with steel because they think it's better.

• Like 1