Hows that steel frame working out for Baggett?

Compared to a Suzuki,  nothing turns! But I'm partial to Yamaha's,  as I've grown up on them my whole life. I've owned many brands, but keep coming back to Blue. They have the stability I crave. All the damn bikes are good!!! Some are better than others, just like the riders!!!

Yamaha make a very dependable, long lasting bike. [emoji106]

Suzuki clutches suck.
  • Like 1

You can't make a Yamaha handle like a Suzuki no matter how much money you throw at it

This on the other hand.........Suzuki problem solved  [emoji106]
btl-ihpp.png

Hinson basket and pressure plate. OEM hubs are cheap, I just replaced them as needed (not often)
  • Like 1

Febvre has been struggling all year with the 17 frame and has said he has struggled to get any kind of good setting, they are searching for an answer and looking to the 18 , Wilson did almost as good as the factory effort on a modified stock one , that must say something

The 15 and 17 frame are the same.....point elsewhere. The frame isn't the issue, he was just interviewed and it's about starts. So he set the bike up for better starts and it didn't do other things as well....like all bikes, it's a give and take and he is adjusting to a new setup. Not the frame. Not the engine. Not the suspension. Just adapting to changes from other riders.
  • Like 2

Only going off evidence Wes. Remember stock KTM works as well as factory Uamaha. Proved by the wins because factory KTMs are even better. Ktm proof you can have too much of a good thing.

Wilson on a stock Yamaha did as good or better then with a factory husktm, that's good proof you're bass ackwards.
  • Like 4

At this point I think reed and web woukd pay to have a blue std ktm instead of the thing they are expected to race ( notice reed has no ride for 18 )

Reed is 35 years old. You and what's his name keep bringing reed up like he should be on the podium if he had a different bike....get in touch with reality. Webb, riding virtually the same bike but the 250 version decimated all who came around, he is a 450 rookie and you guys feel he should be winning....musquin didn't, charmicheal didnt....but Webb should? Common sense says you have been led down a path of illusions. Musquin should've won both sx and mx last year, right?
This topic is kind of funny considering:

Both Moto wins were steel frame.
And
The entire overall podium was steel frame.

Yeah it must suck!  LOL

How often do you get to say that?
  • Like 1

Nah they turn like they are on rails.

The only issue is that the line is deadnuts straight.
Why use a straight edge to mark things out when you could put a piece of chalk onto a yamaha and get perfect straight lines. Shit architects could draw fullsize plans with that shit. No need for bricklayers string either.
All you have to do is try and turn a corner whilst also trying to give it berries. Straight line everytime boi.

FB_IMG_1488592006440.jpgIMG_20161129_090602.jpgScreenshot_20170409-194212.png
Obviously.....
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

Reed is 35 years old. You and what's his name keep bringing reed up like he should be on the podium if he had a different bike....get in touch with reality. Webb, riding virtually the same bike but the 250 version decimated all who came around, he is a 450 rookie and you guys feel he should be winning....musquin didn't, charmicheal didnt....but Webb should? Common sense says you have been led down a path of illusions. Musquin should've won both sx and mx last year, right?
How often do you get to say that?

No idea.  I usually don't pay attention to these things.

But these threads bring out the best of us all.

• Like 2

Any bike will turn in a rut
Try cutting inside a Suzuki in a smooth off camber corner. You'll feel that front tire push all the way around the corner. I'm slow and even I noticed it on my blue bikes 

Equal playing field in sand. Hard pack and black dirt is where you can feel a Suzuki out corner anything made. My 125 I just sold was simply phenomenal at hard pack corners!FB_IMG_1488592223941.jpg
  • Like 3

Any bike will turn in a rut
Try cutting inside a Suzuki in a smooth off camber corner. You'll feel that front tire push all the way around the corner. I'm slow and even I noticed it on my blue bikes 

I will say this, and I swear this to be true, I passed a guy Sunday in a race, I took the inside on a flat corner that was grassy and wet, the other bike was a 16 or 17 or 08 rmz450. I out cornered him, and the pull away from him was uncontested. I also got a new 17 450 honda going deep inside and never touched him. Again, pulled him easily. Now sure, I may have been a gear higher and carrying more momentum, maybe even a bit more skilled, but those 2 known turning machines did not out corner me. I'm not saying that those bikes don't corner better then my bike, I agree they corner better then my bike, if I was on the bikes in question I would never have let myself get away with that.....but in the end the bikes didn't make up for mistakes made or less skill, that's how close everything is now. I would rather have a bike that could skip down straights, bumpy or not, and not give headshake, not swap or become twitchy. If I'm in control of my machine in the straight, I can lay myself in best and make up for a lack of cornering by the bike. That just comes from getting used to the bike. We as amateurs don't buy new parts just to buy them, everything is calculated because we have x amount of money, and none to spar for guesses. I have a bone stock engine, but have a tuner and get far more results with a number change then pipes and even some head work. It's plenty fast, maybe too fast. At the same time, it'll build your confidence and push you. Love the yamahas.
  • Like 6

I had a 89 cr 250 come past me , doesn't mean a 89 cr 250 is better than a 17 sxf , the yam is a turd, a reliable stable turd I accept that

Well, Yamaha has had the same things said about them for decades, it's not the 17, 16, 15, or even 2001....its all of them. Way back, it's been said "if you can ride a Yamaha you can ride anything"....there are certain people out there that just gel with Yamaha design....lots that don't. Same can be said about every brand, just people hate the Yamaha more because they are too sexy and everyone wants one.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

I will say this, and I swear this to be true, I passed a guy Sunday in a race, I took the inside on a flat corner that was grassy and wet, the other bike was a 16 or 17 or 08 rmz450. I out cornered him, and the pull away from him was uncontested. I also got a new 17 450 honda going deep inside and never touched him. Again, pulled him easily. Now sure, I may have been a gear higher and carrying more momentum, maybe even a bit more skilled, but those 2 known turning machines did not out corner me. I'm not saying that those bikes don't corner better then my bike, I agree they corner better then my bike, if I was on the bikes in question I would never have let myself get away with that.....but in the end the bikes didn't make up for mistakes made or less skill, that's how close everything is now. I would rather have a bike that could skip down straights, bumpy or not, and not give headshake, not swap or become twitchy. If I'm in control of my machine in the straight, I can lay myself in best and make up for a lack of cornering by the bike. That just comes from getting used to the bike. We as amateurs don't buy new parts just to buy them, everything is calculated because we have x amount of money, and none to spar for guesses. I have a bone stock engine, but have a tuner and get far more results with a number change then pipes and even some head work. It's plenty fast, maybe too fast. At the same time, it'll build your confidence and push you. Love the yamahas.

100% rider 

0% Bike

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

FB_IMG_1488592006440.jpgIMG_20161129_090602.jpgScreenshot_20170409-194212.png
Obviously.....

I find the few I've ridden turn just fine if you sit up the front.

But, these werent YZ450s. Riddena  few WR, YZ-F 250s, and a YZ250. I hear the 450 is not the same, particularly the old one.

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hondaman331 said:

I'm not being critical of your riding or rge styke but that is what I call open bike syndrome. Point a stable bike down the straight and open that big ol motor.   

A bike that turns really well you race the corners and use the straight to get set up for the corners early.  

Two different styles but for me the latter is much more fun. So I prefer a bike that carves corners. 

• Like 2

I'm not being critical of your riding or rge styke but that is what I call open bike syndrome. Point a stable bike down the straight and open that big ol motor.   

A bike that turns really well you race the corners and use the straight to get set up for the corners early.  

Two different styles but for me the latter is much more fun. So I prefer a bike that carves corners. 

Passing people in corners is called "open class syndrome"? Point and shoot is not what I was doing or talking about. I think you misread that.
  • Like 2