Dropped washer

Doing my first head job on my 08 kx450f... removing the head bolts i hadnt realized one washer closest to timing gears sat with the head and not on the bolt as the other 3 had and heard it fall into timing chain cavity when i pulled the head off. I havent drained the oil and taken off the left engine cover to see if i can see it yet. Any ideas or experiences? Surely im not the first

Doing my first head job on my 08 kx450f... removing the head bolts i hadnt realized one washer closest to timing gears sat with the head and not on the bolt as the other 3 had and heard it fall into timing chain cavity when i pulled the head off. I havent drained the oil and taken off the left engine cover to see if i can see it yet. Any ideas or experiences? Surely im not the first

Look down the timing chain passage with a light and see if it got hung up on the chain and didn't fall all the way down to the stator. Maybe you can catch it with a magnet. If it did fall all the way to the bottom you can tip the bike over on the opposite side shouldn't need to drain the oil to do this. And it should be in there. If you can't see it sometimes it can be stuck to the fly wheel even on the inside of it. And while you are in the stator cover side great time to clean your oil screen super easy job just make sure you get it back together correctly. And check your cam chain for any kinking or stiffness going on with it..
  • Like 1

I have a endoscopic camera just for stuff like this, it has a bright led light and i can attach a magnet to the front of it. Bought it on ebay for 15 bucks.

• Like 1