2018 300 Fuel injection

Is there any info out there on what models will be fuel injected for 2018?  I live at 6000 ft and ride from home up to about 11,000 ft.  I've been waiting patiently for fuel injection to make the switch to a 2-stroke.  finally..

thanks.

TT

looks like the 2018 TE250 & TE300 will both be transfer port injected: http://racerxonline.com/2017/05/30/husqvarna-announces-all-new-2018-enduro-range

I have a 2017 TE300 and just put a Lectron carb into it.....holy smokes! Don't take my word for it though, find somebody with one and ride it....any ideas what I should do with my Mikuni carb now? lol

• Like 1

I ride from 6,000 to 14,000 feet above sea level in Colorado....I also plan to ride in other states without having to rejet

• Like 1

Just because it's fuel injected doesn't mean it's going to run great everywhere and at every elevation but what it does mean is that it will be heavier and more expensive to make tune it to how the rider prefers. 

Being in the sled world EFI is nice for most, the average weekend rider on a stock machine but if you want to make changes or need more power get out your wallet. fuel controllers - expensive, tuning - expensive, lap tops in your backpack,  repriming your fuel pump after you ran out of fuel - carry wire and 12v source, oil pumps failing and your motor slowly dying while you ride without knowing, should I go on? Does any of this appeal to you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TommyB 754 said:

Being in the sled world EFI is nice for most, the average weekend rider on a stock machine but if you want to make changes or need more power get out your wallet. fuel controllers - expensive, tuning - expensive, lap tops in your backpack,  repriming your fuel pump after you ran out of fuel - carry wire and 12v source, oil pumps failing and your motor slowly dying while you ride without knowing, should I go on? Does any of this appeal to you?

as for the weight it is supposed to way around the same as the 2016 model  this way all the weight reduction day did for the 2017 it wase supposed to be EFI in 2017

as for the EFI tunability thay might go with a programmable efi or at least with jetting jumpers like sam mx bike bat it will probably work well enough for most people

and will end the frustration that a lot of raiders have with having to tune a brand new bike if you are good engnath to enjoy the benefit of more tuning 300$ for a tuner is at mache there are how spand 500 usd on a pkw 700 usd on a lcatron and many how spend lots money on tuning the 2017 (i got a bit of it in my pocket)  allso in the near future as efi became more  dominant there  will be a way to hook up smartphones to the efi like u can do with ODB2 and ther are people making their one adapters  for sportbikes   

for me the biggest thing is the cost if it will cost as much as a 4t i will get a 4t as much as i love 2t 

SO buy a $9,500 bike and then a $500 fuel management system or more(mine was $900 for my efi sled) so I can have a 10k bike to fiddle with it endlessly?

I will admit that i think most will love these bikes out of the box because the power will be very smooth and linear, deceptively slow feeling, just like stock efi sleds. 

On 5/30/2017 at 5:59 PM, TE300 said:

looks like the 2018 TE250 & TE300 will both be transfer port injected: http://racerxonline.com/2017/05/30/husqvarna-announces-all-new-2018-enduro-range

I have a 2017 TE300 and just put a Lectron carb into it.....holy smokes! Don't take my word for it though, find somebody with one and ride it....any ideas what I should do with my Mikuni carb now? lol

I've got a Lectron on my Italian Husky. I had taken it out to Colorado when it had the Mikuni and spent most of a day trying to jet it and still couldn't get it right. My buddy with an EFI Kawasaki 450 was a little frustrated with me. The next time I went out there, I had the  Lectron. I dialed it in in TN at 900' and when I got to CO at 6,000 feet all I had to do is a minor adjustment to the power jet which is done externally. I didn't have to touch it at all the rest of the weekend and it performed flawlessly while going to different elevations. 

• Like 3