Is this a good trade? Ktm 350 for 450

I have a nice 2012 ktm 350sxf and a guy wants to trade his 2012 ktm 450sxf with $500 on my end. Is this a good deal?IMG_6225.PNGIMG_6226.PNG

He said "Mines a 350xcfw and my brother loves it and I could sell him the 350 and get him to come ride with me"

"He's scared of the 450 lol"

Anything specific I should look for on the 450s of that year?

6 minutes ago, Kylerf said:

No what?

Either Monk is answering both questions at once or you are supposed to guess which one. :confused::smirk:

6 minutes ago, Kylerf said:

No what?

No I wouldn't trade...FI vs Carb and the very idea he wants you to pay him money... Unless yours is a POS, then giver!

• Like 1

depends on how many hours it has on it - whether it has been raced and thrashed to the ****house - maintenance etc.. - at least with your bike you know the history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kylerf said:

450s are worth more then the 350s

I understand, doesn't matter what we say, your mind is already made up... Go get the 450 and come back and tell us we were all wrong... 

• Like 1

What is this "bike has been raced"..? Unless its a pro who takes a toll on everything its not a biggie. The wide open tracks in the US isnt exactly encouraging babying and every amateur (including me who is very slow) revs the bike on straights.

Well to be on topic I wouldnt do the trade because of the carb. You do NOT want to take over a mod done by anyone else. What if something happen? Is it going to end up buying a complete FI and having the hussle getting that to work?

However I get the reason he wants to do the trade. There is alot of weight differance between 350 and 450, its also alot smoother to ride 350 in the woods. 

TL;DR - Dont buy someone else mods/problem. 

Thanks for the advice guys! I decided to turn it down, may just sell mine and go newer!