clutch

hey guys,

I have a 2009 ktm xc 250 and my clutch went away. I have tried bleeding it multiple times, no air bubbles in it but when I pull it in it takes about 20 seconds for the feel in the lever to come back. what should I do? Is my whole clutch going bad?

hey guys,
I have a 2009 ktm xc 250 and my clutch went away. I have tried bleeding it multiple times, no air bubbles in it but when I pull it in it takes about 20 seconds for the feel in the lever to come back. what should I do? Is my whole clutch going bad?

When you pull the lever there's a slave cylinder that pushes a rod through to the clutch basket and there are clutch springs which should push that rod back in when you let go of the lever. I don't see the springs wearing out enough for it to make it feel like that. Is your clutch oil been changed in a while? It is very easy to change from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder. When is the last time you changed the transmission fluid?

Update:I took the slave cyclinder off to see if seal was broken. Was and now there's engine oil coming out of th engine side of the slave cyclinder 

I do not believe there is an O ring or seal on that pushrod if there's oil in the transmission it's going to leak through that the only thing that holds that oil in is the gasket or O-ring on the slave cylinder. How long have you owned the bike? If you do not know how old the clutch audio is and the transmission oil it would be a good time to change both. You can find YouTube videos on taking your clutch basket plates and pressure plate out. Great time to check for where on the basket and pressure plate and clean off that pushrod. I have a 2009 250 SX and it made a world of difference in how well my clutch worked.

I bought it a year and a half ago and have no idea how long the clutch lever fluid had been in there but when I emptied it and put new in the old was a very nasty color. You think it would last forever so mean he doesn't get that hot but it was pretty nasty