Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Cleaning

Recommended Posts

I have a yz250 and the cylinder is dirty along with the fmf pipe, I was wondering what is the best thing/method to clean them. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is just no substitute for elbow grease. Coat your bike in WD40 before the ride then grab a bucket of soapy water and a brush and get scrubbing when you get home.

1.jpg.adbc1d8147a72c01a473c1a7aca5fc5d.jpgimages.jpg.1026d8a197585d44f26ec4e9f3c24c6b.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kompact said:

There is just no substitute for elbow grease. Coat your bike in WD40 before the ride then grab a bucket of soapy water and a brush and get scrubbing when you get home.

1.jpg.adbc1d8147a72c01a473c1a7aca5fc5d.jpgimages.jpg.1026d8a197585d44f26ec4e9f3c24c6b.jpg

I wouldn't suggest spraying WD40 on anything that is going to get hot. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wouldn't suggest spraying WD40 on anything that is going to get hot. [emoji6]


I do it before every ride. With the exception of the rotors I spray the bike down from stem to stern. Doesn't cause any problems and makes cleanup easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gravett1 said:

Well I have the cylinder off now, for a rebuild.

Answer remains the same.

If you want a better clean have it vapour blasted, or maybe soda.

Or just clean and degrease and hit it with some engine paint. My 200 will get this next time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wouldn't suggest spraying WD40 on anything that is going to get hot. [emoji6]

That's funny...every FMF expansion chamber I've bought tell you to spray wd40 on it to prevent rust and keep that nice purdy shine...
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the cylinder is off the bike then Hot soapy water that mofo and scrub it up...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:


That's funny...every FMF expansion chamber I've bought tell you to spray wd40 on it to prevent rust and keep that nice purdy shine...

The smell would drive me crazy of that stuff burning off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The smell would drive me crazy of that stuff burning off.

Better then a rusty bike....
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2017 at 0:51 AM, SnowMule said:

Kitchen sink.

IMG_20160522_224902890-L.jpg

I'm pretty sure my wife would have a stroke if I did that in the copper sink in our kitchen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 69fastback said:

I'm pretty sure my wife would have a stroke if I did that in the copper sink in our kitchen. 

Utility sink in the garage (with hot/cold water, and shop air nearby) is pretty high on the priority list for my next place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SnowMule said:

Utility sink in the garage (with hot/cold water, and shop air nearby) is pretty high on the priority list for my next place.

No doubt. When we built our house, that was a must for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, MountAiryTrailRiders said:


Better then a rusty bike....

fmf pipes don't rust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Utility sink in the garage (with hot/cold water, and shop air nearby) is pretty high on the priority list for my next place.

Just get a parts washer, They're dirt cheap nowadays.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...