17' 250RR seat options..

Curious what you guys are using.  The Beta seat is by far the hardest i have ever used.  Compared to my buddies YZ250X, my old 250FX, and my buddies CRF250X, this thing is a brick.  When i start getting tired in a ride, it kills me.  Im 6'1 for reference.  I was thinking for now about getting the Guts medium (stock height) seat foam and just putting the stock cover back on over it (save some bucks here).  Im also liking the Seat Concepts full seat (Tall OEM width).  Price is a lot higher hear but no assembly required.  Any info is appreciated.

I have both the Guts soft foam, and the Seat Concepts seat setups.  I figured the wider Seat Concepts was the trick for me.  However, once I started riding some serious off-road, where I move around on the bike a lot, I found the Seat Concepts was too wide and caused soreness after the ride was over (I could even feel it in the prostate area).  I bought the Guts soft foam and now it is the only seat I use off-road....very comfortable (I'm 5'10, 180lbs with gear).  I just don't notice the Guts seat at all while I'm riding. I'll use the Seat Concepts for longer dual sport rides...IF...it proves to be better for that.  If I had it to do over again, I'd have just bought the soft Guts foam, std height.

• Like 2

Been using the seat concepts full seat and really liking it. Standard height and width. 

Great feeling seat and cover, plus it stays fitting tighter after some time where the stock seat base usually becomes loose at the rear. 

IMG_2012.JPG

Edited by ccullins
  • Like 2

Looking like seat concepts is the way to go. I'll likely be going with the tall version at my height, 6'1. A step price for a full seat, but it's sounding like it's worth it.

• Like 1

Don't worry. At around 100 hours the standard seat does break in a bit and feels less concrete-like.

I managed to pick up a Seat Concepts 2nd hand and holey moley, talk about comfortable 

Im 6'1" and got a seat concepts tall seat foam and cover for my 300rr. I like it alot. I also have a tall soft gutz seat for my 525 Beta..Its good too but different. The seat foam is softer on the gutz.. Id think the medium gutz tension is more similar to the tall seat concepts foam tension. .if that makes sense..Im good with the seat concepts seat design for everything. It doesnt bother..good for everything. Another thing that no one seems to talk about anymore is just taking off the seat cover and taking the stock seat foam and drilling holes in it to soften the tension. Its the cost of a new set of staples and a little time.

I have the seat concepts tall oem width.  I tried the wide one first and it was just too wide like the other person said.  I tried the enduro engineering soft foam like another posted, and I could feel the seat pan through the foam.  That was terrible.  If anything, just buy the seat concepts without the pan and you can save yourself some money there.  It's pretty easy to install, but it won't look as good as if you just have them do it (at least in my experience haha). I had a buddy that bought it without the pan and took it to an upholstery shop and they installed it for $20 so he saved some money that way too.

Seat Concepts is the way to go, not sure about the 17's but I have had four Beta's now and every seat pan has cracked, don't bother putting a cover on a cracked pan, get the whole deal from SC, they make there own Beta pan that much tougher.

Those ribs on top are the chit, I rode a loaner KTM a couple weeks ago in California with a non ribbed seat, it was allot tougher climbing those long rocky hills while sliding of the back of the seat, the ribs also don't tear up your pants like those sand paper traction seat covers.        

I spoke to a dealer about the seat, he said try drilling some 8mm holes in the foam,it softens it up a lot and is free

• Like 2

On 6/1/2017 at 3:24 AM, Retromlc said:

I spoke to a dealer about the seat, he said try drilling some 8mm holes in the foam,it softens it up a lot and is free

any hole spacing rec's?

I have a motoseat cover and foam.  The problem, for me at least, with the Beta seat is it is too narrow.  The stiffness doesn't bother me, but if you think about it like a bike seat, a narrow seat means the width of the seat is missing your sit bones, and you are sitting right on your prostate.  No bueno.  The Seat Concepts seat is wider which supports your sit bones and keeps you off your delicates.

My motoseat is okay.  It works.  It's a little wider than stock.  But if I was to do it all over again, I would get a seat concepts seat.

Edited by jpbova

Look at your seat pan before you just buy a cover and foam, there usually pretty cracked all through the webbing, I've had a 23,14,15 and 16 and they all broke.

Seat Concepts is Da Bomb. 

I have both the Guts standard foam on the OEM base and cover, made a nice difference. Then bought a Seat Concepts, I’ve never put the Guts seat on again

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WRider995 said:

Anyone know how Guts compares to the End Engineering foam?  

guts foam is  super soft.  Normally guys go standard and the feel is soft.  some complain that the soft guts foam will allow you to hit the seat pan

Edited by jpbova
  • Like 1