Mini Quad Racing Texas

Hi my name is Ron Wesolak,

I live in north Texas. My son asked for a quad for Christmas 2014 so I bought him  a Tao Tao. I figure if he did not like it I would only be out a few hundred instead of a few thousand. in 2015 my son asked to race quads. I had bought a DRR 90 earlier (race ready - tong in cheek now) to take down to Baja where we vacation every year. Not knowing anything about quad racing I started to do some research not a lot out there like motocross which is my background. After a few months of e-mailing and leaving messages without return calls; I finally got a return call from GForce in Florida. I got a quick education and direction on mini quad racing very eye opening. Bought a APEX 90 and was fortunately able to meet the Fords who were gracious in hauling it back to Texas for me. Crank that thing up and wow this is nothing like a Tao Tao, Yamaha, or Honda mini quad. Our first year of racing was 2016 TQRA in getting to know the other parents of racers I found my journey was not much different than there's was. 

Mini quad racing is great for kids my question is how many parents would be interested in a true beginners class where they raced stock Tao Tao, Yamaha, Hondas, and CanAms on a slightly modified MX course no really big hills or jumps. I am trying to think of ways to help grow the mini quad racing here in Texas. I know there is TQRA, LSQRA, Scramble Cross, TORN, and OCCRA wonder how we can grow the sport? Appreciate any and all feed back.

Thanks