Yamaha TT 600 S Gear box rebuild Question

Hi All

Am new to the forum, have joined as I was hoping someone could help with a gearbox rebuild on a Yamaha TT600 S Belgrada 1993 (I think)

Am doing a complete rebuild on the engine and bike and would like to replace 3rd gear as there is some pitting. 

Its not clear how to remove the cogs from the shaft. One end (the right hand side in the picture) the cog is integral to the shaft, the other end there is no snap ring. Would the far left gear be pressed on or ...? 

Could anyone shed any light on how to remove this cog and how to replace it. 

Thanks 

Jonathan

IMG_20170517_175502.jpg

IMG_20170517_175511.jpg

IMG_20170517_175520.jpg

IMG_20170517_182252.jpg

Yes that gear is pressed on . Before pressing it off measure the width from it's outside to the gear that's part of the shaft #1 in your last picture . That width is critical for fitament into the cases for proper clearances .

Thanks jj

Do you use the second gear in from the left to push off the far left gear? As there is hardly any room to get anything in between the two gears to just press the far left gear off. 
Does it need heat?
Also is the distance documented in any manuals... or is there a guide that the cogs can only go up to ? A mechanic had already replaced the shaft so not sure of any distances as it came out of the bike unfortunately.. 

I believe I used the gear next to it , you have to try to push as solid as possible and so the gears aren't being bent .I didn't use any heat. All you can do is measure what it is now and hope it is right, there isn't any specs that I know of . It should have about .3mm (.01-.015") clearance so when the cases are together the shaft move in/out by that amount .