What year 300 XCW to buy?

Going from a 2002 520 EXC to a 300 XCW. Suggestions on years to stay away from? Which year is best? Looking to spend 6k or less.

Thanks

2012 to 2016 didn't have a lot changes

Electric starter got a little better in 2014 I believe

They switched to the diaphragm clutch in 13.  Lighter pull although I think the coil spring clutch may hold up better.

15 and 16 have the orange frame which looks cool.

Around here, demand is so high you can't be picky.  Buy whatever you can find a good deal on and is in good shape.  Also consider a 250 and the XC

I just went from a 2006 525exc to a 2014 300xc. I love it! It's amazing how much lighter and playful it feels. In my research I found that most all within the past ten years are pretty similar with the electric start being the biggest change in 08, then getting the kinks worked out of the starter by 2014. Good news is you can retro fit the new starter upgrades in the older 2008 bikes. The advice I got was buy the cleanest and newest in your budget with most emphasis put on the cleanest. Have fun!

2012 or newer gets you the newer frame and e-start. The next major change is 2017 which is more than $6k.  I went from a 2007 450exc to a 2014 250xcw. Never rode the 450 once after I got the 250. Finally sold the 450 last month.  I love the modern 2-strokes.. ultimate woods bike. 

So I ended up with a 2016 Husky TE 300. Bought it from a dealer with approx 1 hr run time on it. Basically new still. Rode it once and love it. These modern 2 strokes are awesome. I'll post my questions regarding jetting on the appropriate forum. Thanks

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jekel said:

Great choice...

fixed it for ya.

Edit

Edited by rjg
Edit