Just got a 2011 KLX 110L. Already bought goodies for it

Hey guys,

So I just bought a 2011 KLX 110L for my fiancé (and for me to mess around on too).

I have already bought the following

1. Pro Taper bars kit

2. Aftermarket foot pegs

3. Engine cradle

4. Stiffer front fork springs

5. New clutch lever (the handle bars kit comes with a new brake lever)

6. Bought some new tires

I want to keep the exhaust stock, as it is pretty quiet and I like that (for messing around the neighborhood. Less likely to bother people)

I may do an intake. Does anyone have suggestions on an intake? I have tried looking up some threads but haven't seen concise info.

What side main and pilot jets would you use for just an intake (and stock exhaust)?

Anyone else have any suggestions on mods to do?

I may do the following:

1. Taller seat

2. Stiffer rear spring

3. New brake shoes (I'll need to do this eventually anyway. The brakes really do not feel that great...)

Intention for the bike are for my fiancé to ride some trails with me (she is 5'5" at 115 lbs) and I would like to take it to the local pit bike track (I am 5'11" at 167 lbs).

Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys!

So this is what I have done so far:

1. Pro Taper bars kit (new triple clamp, riders, and bars)

2. Extended brake cable.

3. Extended clutch cable.

4. Engine cradle (can't remember brand).

5. Heavier fork springs (not installed yet).

7. New front shoes.

8. TWO BROS foot pegs

9. Over the top brake lever (ordered)

10. Extended throttle cable (not installed)

11. New tires (not installed)

12. New clutch plates. (Not installed).

13. Adjustable front brake lever.

I have spent probably around $1000 so far. I picked the bike up for $1,500. So roughly $2,500 invest so far.

Taking it out to the track this weekend so my fiancé can practice riding. Also I am going to take it on the pit bike track and shred.

I'll get some photos taken and also do a video soon.

Put bbr 143 kit on it and a vm26 carb with a good exhaust and you will be happy. I love mine.I have heavy Springs on both ends and now the little bike is legit.just installed new Michelin star-crossed tires in last 2 pics al9ng with rk gold chain and new sprockets

20170416_182545.jpg

20170416_182537.jpg

20170519_191457.jpg

20170512_154747.jpg

Edited by speedyreedy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, speedyreedy said:

Put bbr 143 kit on it and a vm26 carb with a good exhaust and you will be happy. I love mine.I have heavy Springs on both ends and now the little bike is legit.just installed new Michelin star-crossed tires in last 2 pics al9ng with rk gold chain and new sprockets

20170416_182545.jpg

20170416_182537.jpg

20170519_191457.jpg

20170512_154747.jpg

Your bike looks freaking badass! Super clean, nice mods....  :thumbsup:

I want to keep this bike quiet so I dont think I will do an exhaust. Maybe an intake and rejet the carb if needed. My fiance is riding it and I want to take it out on the pitbike track occasionally, so until she moves up to a bigger bike I probably won't go too crazy on mods.