XC-W or TE?

1 hour ago, motodr441 said:

all of the above the Te is easier to ride and a lot better looking

slightly less aggressive but not slower to average+  riders 

I don't feel like the te is any less aggressive. The motor is the same. they may feel a bit quicker steering from the "stinkbug" stance, but the loose higher speed stability from that.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:28 PM, Bryce418 said:

I don't feel like the te is any less aggressive. The motor is the same. they may feel a bit quicker steering from the "stinkbug" stance, but the loose higher speed stability from that.

up to 2016 the 250 had a different cdi tuned for more smooth responses for the Te 

the rear  suspension on the Te has longer travel which make it grip better bat makes it slightly easier to bottom also makes the bike feel slightly heavier

which to me is the better option also bikes with linkage tend to work better on a bigger variety of terrain without readjusting but the PDS can be set up more

precisely    

Bryce418 tc vs sx might not feel so different

if you want po pretend to be a racer get the ktm if you want to have fun get the huski  it is more of a statement then notable difference

but if you mostly ride in slow vray harsh terrain the huski is better the the ktm and in high speed sections  the krm is minutely better 

59 minutes ago, motodr441 said:

up to 2016 the 250 had a different cdi tuned for more smooth responses for the Te 

the rear  suspension on the Te has longer travel which make it grip better bat makes it slightly easier to bottom also makes the bike feel slightly heavier

which to me is the better option also bikes with linkage tend to work better on a bigger variety of terrain without readjusting but the PDS can be set up more

precisely    

Bryce418 tc vs sx might not feel so different

if you want po pretend to be a racer get the ktm if you want to have fun get the huski  it is more of a statement then notable difference

but if you mostly ride in slow vray harsh terrain the huski is better the the ktm and in high speed sections  the krm is minutely better 

There is no quantifiable difference in terms of which bike is better for which discipline, or which will be better for a faster/slower rider... If you are a good (or bad) rider, a TE isn't magically going to make you a better rider but the XCW will, it doesn't work that way.

A poorly setup bike is a poorly setup bike so the argument regarding PDS vs linkage is pointless... And no, a KTM isn't going to be better for high speed where the Husky is better for slow...

Suspension travel has nothing to do with making a bike 'grip' better... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Monk said:

There is no quantifiable difference in terms of which bike is better for which discipline, or which will be better for a faster/slower rider... If you are a good (or bad) rider, a TE isn't magically going to make you a better rider but the XCW will, it doesn't work that way.

A poorly setup bike is a poorly setup bike so the argument regarding PDS vs linkage is pointless... And no, a KTM isn't going to be better for high speed where the Husky is better for slow...

Suspension travel has nothing to do with making a bike 'grip' better... 

If Husky would bring back zerk grease fittings for the linkage like they had on the Italian ones then I'd say the linkage was fine. I only would choose the PDS because greasing a linkage bearing every few weeks gets old. Yes, you'd hafta do it that often riding here in the winter. 

i used slightly as its no big deal there is  a difference 

don't know about the need  greasing every few weeks i rode 100 hrs this winter mostly in the wet and rain only extra  maintenance i had to do is clean the furk selas

and replace the countershaft seal which started leaking   

and shrubitup if u miss the old hski this is an option 

http://www.swm-motorcycles.it/en/

only 4t

I honestly feel the linkage is better at high speed. 

As far as motor, all the off-road 300 models use the same head, cdi, etc. There is a slight ratio difference on the tx/xc on 1st and 2nd gear. Outside that they are the same engine.

Ice heard rumors the 250 has difference in head and cdi, but I haven't researched that.

Edited by Bryce418

The 2018 husky has fuel injection as well as oil injection too. If shopping new then I'd buy husky unless KTM also had this.

Husky/Ktm 250 lines will both have injection. 300's will both be carb'd for 2018.

Edit - Further clarification. Brought into the US.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 9:59 AM, Bryce418 said:

I honestly feel the linkage is better at high speed. 

As far as motor, all the off-road 300 models use the same head, cdi, etc. There is a slight ratio difference on the tx/xc on 1st and 2nd gear. Outside that they are the same engine.

Ice heard rumors the 250 has difference in head and cdi, but I haven't researched that.

Isn't 5th wider also? I've never liked the low 1st and gappy 2nd-3rd on ktm xcw/exc.

The 250's have 3 different heads, but sx and xc share the same cdi and xcw has it's own. 

Edited by TommyB 754

12 minutes ago, TommyB 754 said:

Isn't 5th wider also? I've never liked the low 1st and gappy 2nd-3rd on ktm xcw/exc.

The 250's have 3 different heads, but sx and xc share the same cdi and xcw has it's own. 

nope, 1st and second are a touch lower on the te/xc-w. Not sure what the tx/xc has for final drive (sprockets).

14 minutes ago, Bryce418 said:

nope, 1st and second are a touch lower on the te/xc-w. Not sure what the tx/xc has for final drive (sprockets).

I guess i was thinking yamaha's wide ratio.

TX/TE 13/50 in the states, 14/50 in the rest of the world. 

Edited by TommyB 754