2017 250 Gasgas contact rear axle

Does anyone know how to remove the rear wheel from a 2017 Gasgas 250 contact?  The left side of axle is round  so you can't put a wrench on it.  The right side has a 8mm allen head, but it doesn't look like a collar nut.  It actually looks like it might be the axle itself.  Does turning this back the axle out?  If so, is it reverse threaded?  This is unlike any thing I've seen before.  Online manual and youtube have nothing to help.

If it's like my '14 TXT Pro Racing, you just unscrew it with an allen.  The thread direction is normal.   I googled a couple pics.  Here's what it looks like on a TXT Pro Racing...

2000000036.jpg

gg_txt_racing_2013_15.jpg

This is a follow up to WV PA Rider's initial post in this thread.  He's my buddy and we are both wondering if anyone else has any issues with the rear wheel on the Gas Gas 250 contact.  Specifically, issues regarding the rear wheel causing the tire to rub the chain guide.  Brand new bike.  Not a minor rub at all, either.  I mean it's not just "kissing" the chain guide, and is in contact the full 360 degrees of the tire.  It's significant enough to warrant taking the wheel apart and relacing the spokes to see if that helps.  We just want to know if others have a similar issue on this specific bike or any of the Gas Gas bikes.  Thanks for any input.  Aside from that the bike is great and he and I are having a blast as newbie trials riders.

If it's a brand new bike and it's been rubbing from day one, I'd be talking to the dealer you bought it from.  

18 minutes ago, wvparider said:

Thank you so much doc-d

No problem.  Did you get it sorted out?

10 minutes ago, wvparider said:

yep, got the wheel off, got it trued.  First trials bike for me, love it.

Glad it was a simple fix.  Yeah I've been having a blast learning to ride trials as well.  Do you have a local club that you are riding without?  I high recommend joining a club if you haven't already and there is one nearby.  

Doc

No local club here in WV, but a couple of us who ride woods singletrack got trials bikes, so we are building obstacles and riding in our yards.

• Like 1