I have a TTR125L and it just seems slow to me now. I've been thinking about a KX100 because I want to get into 2 strokes but I don't want to do a big jump to a 125 2 stroke. Would a KX100 be a good medium between the TTR125L and a 125 2?

I am 5' 8" and 160 with gear on if that helps.

the kx is going to be physically too small for you. sure you could ride it but it wont be comfortable.

the kx is going to be physically too small for you. sure you could ride it but it wont be comfortable.

Is there a way to raise the height? Other than the lock nut on the back shock. Or, is there another bike in between other than a TTR225-230 or CRF230

Just get the 125 2t. It's more suited to your height and not a bit faster than a KX100.

In fact, the 125 will be less radical. A small bike tends to loop out very quickly with a bigger rider on board.

• Like 1

If the ttr125l fits so will a KX100..  Just with more power, a better suspension, and real brakes...   But, a 125  would be a good idea too... I know a kx100 can be made to lug incredibly well.   Every bike should be resprung to your weight..

My dad just got a WR250f today so I'm going to try it and see if I like the power

So...how is the power.......Remember though the wr250f is 100lbs heavier than a KX100..

Well I haven't really had to time to ride it yet. Going to try to this weekend. Also, what is a tamer brand of 125 2 stroke. I want a YZ but I've heard those are beasts.

Stick to. kx, yz,rm..... with 125's.. 

What years should I look at. Like 05+ YZ because of the frame. I have no idea for the KX or RM.

If you're that fearful of a 125 2t, I'd strongly recommend a bigger 4t. Sometimes our fear can be the biggest obstacle. I wasn't kidding that the 100 is just as fast as the 125, except more radical. But you're entirely too big for the 100. I'm 5'3" and it feels tiny to me (especially after now riding full sized bikes). The 125 is tamer, but still has the unpredictable power delivery of any typical 2t. A full sized 4t might be better, but as has already been mentioned, they're also considerably heavier. But at your height and weight, that really shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Im the same height and weight as you and I have a 06 Yz125. The bike feels like the perfect size because of how light it is and the amount of power there is, perfect jump from your ttr.

If you're that fearful of a 125 2t, I'd strongly recommend a bigger 4t. Sometimes our fear can be the biggest obstacle. I wasn't kidding that the 100 is just as fast as the 125, except more radical. But you're entirely too big for the 100. I'm 5'3" and it feels tiny to me (especially after now riding full sized bikes). The 125 is tamer, but still has the unpredictable power delivery of any typical 2t. A full sized 4t might be better, but as has already been mentioned, they're also considerably heavier. But at your height and weight, that really shouldn't be a problem.

So I'm in a debate here. I have a very tight budget. I'm trying to work and get enough. If I sell my bike, I may have enough for a 125 but should I just save more for a 250f.

Well I want a 125 but I kind of want the bottom end of a 250. But aren't 125's for a cheap price in the 1500's range and the 250's in the 2000 range

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FSK_Talon3 said:

Well I want a 125 but I kind of want the bottom end of a 250. But aren't 125's for a cheap price in the 1500's range and the 250's in the 2000 range

Depends on the bike but dont get any bike older than 06 because of the change to aluminum frame and quite a bit of motor changes making them more reliable. But for heavens sake don't get a crf250r. A 06 yz125 or newer would be best because you can get bored of the 250f power quick.

If you are on a budget, forget the 4 strokes. An older, used thumper can eat you alive financially. Get the 2t 125. By the time I was your size I was on a 250 2t. You won't regret it. And forget the 100, it is too small. You didn't say what terrain you ride, but the smaller wheels limit your abilities on trails and you are simply too big for that bike.

If you are on a budget, forget the 4 strokes. An older, used thumper can eat you alive financially. Get the 2t 125. By the time I was your size I was on a 250 2t. You won't regret it. And forget the 100, it is too small. You didn't say what terrain you ride, but the smaller wheels limit your abilities on trails and you are simply too big for that bike.

I ride trails and track. Damn, already a 250 2t. Out of YZ, KX, and RM, which is the most reliable?