Tyre Pressures

I am running the Michelin Anakee 3 on the front and Michelin Sirac on the rear as I use the bike for commuting and distance road riding.

Does each tyre have its own individual tyre pressure or do I run the pressures I had on the IRC originals?

I think tire pressure owner's manual recommendations are for the total bike, not respective of which brand tire you change out to, so, say if you kept your stock tires at 18 psi front and rear (recommended 22 psi), then stay with that with the new tires.

Use recommended inflation pressure from the tire manufacturer for that tire size. Honda spec is for the stock tires on that bike, you may have gone to a wider and/or lower profile tire in the Michelin, so use recommended pressure from Michelin.

My 2017 came with knobbies, I run 17's so OEM numbers are useless. PS - I run 30psi in mine

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, but still none the wiser. Currently run 24 front and 28 rear and they feel ok. Will search the Michelin website for the recommended pressures.

The sidewall will normally list a max pressure at a certain load and is not what you should run (my Metzler knobbies say 33psi). The manual gives a recommended pressure that should be good with stock tires and similar. There should also be a decal on the swingarm with the same numbers (mine says 22psi).

These mean nothing if you change how the bike is intended to run on the stock tires, a street runabout. Look in your owners manual.

If you have stockish tires about 25-28 front and rear is a good starting point. This will give you good traction, both upright and leaning, and good wear. If you want run just a little more, 30, if you are doing only road work. If you ride some dirt with the street a little less will help with traction in the dirt, around the recommended 22 or so. If you really want to run off road low pressure is best but you'll need to add rim locks. I run around 12psi since I do run highway to get to riding areas (up to 80+mph) and have pretty good feel off road with that but I am running full knobs (Metzler Unicross) and rim locks. 

• Like 2