Leatt 3df body suit for Rocky terrain?

Wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm looking for some new gear and this caught my eye but not sure how it would do in Rocky trails vs hard shell protectors ? Thanks

I've been wearing the Leatt airfit 3df pressure suit for 2 race seasons, including a trip to Taylor Park, Colorado for fun. I have tested it quite a few times and found the protection to be excellent. The biggest drawback of this system is the lack of kidney and rib protection. It's not often I take a hit in those areas, but when I do it HURTS. I am still amazed at how cool it is even in hot weather. The down side of the moisture wicking material is it stretches eventually and fits poorly.

Bottom line is it isn't perfect, but the best I've had to date.

8 hours ago, Cdiddy86 said:

Have you fallen on any rocks with it on?

Yes and they still hurt. I don't think there is a magical suit of armor to change that. The armor in the airfit 3df is CE rated so it doesn't get much better than that. 

Thanks so much for the review looks like il be ordering it this week. Looking forward to trying it out versus my old Thor chest protector.

31 minutes ago, Cdiddy86 said:

Thanks so much for the review looks like il be ordering it this week. Looking forward to trying it out versus my old Thor chest protector.

I think you will really like it. I was hesitant to spend that kind of money, but it has served me well for the last 2 years.  I also wear a Leatt neck brace so that was also part of my decision to buy. The airfit 3df has elastic loops that connect to the neck brace tabs to keep it in place. 

I have a Fox titan vest that has saved me in the rocks and other get offs... Good padding that is mostly covered in hard plastic that save your arms and shoulders from rocks..   Not tried the Leatt 3df but will be trying something like one of Leatt over the top protection since the Fox outfit is worn out..   They all have compromises in regards to heat or comfort but they do make a big difference.... 

The one thing that I didn't see on the leatt 3df was an integrated kidney belt? I'm guessing you would just put one over the suit. Right now deciding between this or the 5.5. The 5.5 looks really bulky and hot. It is hard to fork over that kind of change but i don't mind spending money on things to keep me safer.

Lack of kidney and rib protection is my biggest gripe with the 3df. I have not tried the 5.5 so I can't comment on it. I can say the 3df is the coolest and most flexible pressure suit I've had, it has convinced me soft armor is equally effective and less constrictive.