Pw50 bogging

Need help. My sons pw is bogging on the topend. From take off to mid range it runs perfect but when its starts to hit high rpms it starts cutting back. Any suggestions on what could be causing it?

Have u checked anything at all? Plug? Air filter? When did the problem start? Has anything changed since it began? Need more info. They're simple n extremely dependable little bikes I've had a couple of them..

Yes everything is new on bike

Parts replaced :

Carb, airbox and filter, big bore kit. Checked gap on new plug, throttle switch. Boysen reevs, new Exhuast...made sure restrictor plate was out.

I just cant seem to figure it out 

Might be a fueling issue.  Since you went big bore, have you messed around with the jetting?  Stock carb?  Is it completely clean?  Could go with a jet kit and go up a few sizes and down a few so see if that helps.  Also, although it's a debatable topic, could ditch the oil injection and run premix.

Check jetting.  Big Bore kit hopefully had guidelines.

I put big bore on a Yamaha WR250F a few years ago and it did same thing.  Makes it run richer (I had assumed would need bigger jetting to get more fuel, but the increased vacuum sucks more fuel in, as I recall).  If you didn't re-jet it, that should be first step!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 11:38 AM, Soul Man said:

Check jetting.  Big Bore kit hopefully had guidelines.

I put big bore on a Yamaha WR250F a few years ago and it did same thing.  Makes it run richer (I had assumed would need bigger jetting to get more fuel, but the increased vacuum sucks more fuel in, as I recall).  If you didn't re-jet it, that should be first step!

Boom, my thoughts exactly. Good luck.

Skin