What bike should I get my girlfriend

Ok so my girlfriend wants to start riding with me and my son. She's had quads growing up so she has the basic ideas of shifting. I want to get her a bike for her size but not to powerful. She's about 5'4. Any guys out there who bought bikes for their wives or girlfriends. What do you recommend

I recommend a ttr125 have big wheeled one for my daughter she's 15. Great bike. Crf's are nice too

• Like 2

Yamaha ttr125 or Honda crf150 would be a great bikes for a woman to start on. You definately don't want to get something with enough power to scare her. A Yamaha ttr230 or Honda crf230 would be great for a woman that's rode before but if you scare or hurt her right off the bat then she's probably done.

• Like 1

i think the CRF150F might be just a bit too tall at 5' 4" and is pretty heavy.  Take a look at CRF100F, CRF125 L, KLX140L, TT-R 125LE, DR-Z 125L.  With the exception of the CRF100F, these all come in the smaller wheel size models (17"/14") too.  I prefer to go with as large of a wheel size as possible without them being too tall. 

All good starter bikes.  Can usually be found used in great condition because of all the other failed wife/girlfriend riding experiments.

Edited by SilvFx

You're on the right track.  One of the 125 air cooled four strokes.  My wife is just a bit shorter and she loves her DRZ125.

I would point you toward one of the big wheels versions, and get the electric start.  (which I think is the TTR and KLX).

I'll second the vote for used XR/CRF100. Based on how she rides that you can likely sell it for what you paid and buy something more appropriate, or maybe she'll love it.
Everyone is different, recommending a bike for someone you have never met means you always error on the side of caution.

I have bought bikes for wives and girlfriends..lol. Usually doesn't stick... A lot depends on personality, strength, ect..ttr125l, crf100 ect are good choices but are dogs..   A kx100 would be a great bike with tons of power than can be corked to grow into as she gets better. Plus it has a real suspension and brakes.  

Edited by Nevada Al
  • Like 1