Need help finding an XR650L (preferably 2007) parts book

Hi guys—

Having trouble finding a parts book for my 2007 XR650L. I'm fairly organized & anal with projects, so it stresses me out to google for parts and not have one source of truth.

My background is in vintage Moto Guzzi's, and there is always a service manual, a parts book, and a year-specific bulletin for corrections (along with "Guzziology", which supercedes them all). I had a similar setup when rebuilding my Corvairs.

-

For the XR I'm using an OEM/printed 1993 XR650L manual (it seems to be the only year that exists, strangely, even in print)... but I can't find a parts book at all.

Does anyone know where I can find one? Does it go by a different name in Honda-world?

Thanks!

Parts books were replaced by the micro fiche years ago. You might actually be able to talk a dealer out of the old , no longer used fiche. Everything you're looking for can be found at one of the online OEM parts distributors. Try Partzilla.com.

• Like 2

Interesting... so anyone who needs a parts-list after the 70's uses a microfiche machine?

I can find web-based parts lists, but I like having it in a book so I can make notes, etc. I guess that's not an option?

Well, the best on-line diagram I've found is this:

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/l/hon/50541184f870021c54bee4b2/2007-xr650l-ac-parts

It would be unusable if printed in it's current form, so I'd have to layout the book from scratch, page by page. Coincidentally that's my day job so I know how big of an effort it would be!

In any case, if it doesn't exist OEM, I'm probably out of luck.

Hey, they've got one!

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Make=AHC&Model=XR15&Year=2007&Category=&class_2=AHC&mk=Honda+Motorcycle&yr=2007&md=XR650L&dt=&module=&from=result&Style=helm&Sku=14MY61E1&itemtype=N

Factory issued Parts Catalog is a model specific paper replication of the Parts Microfiche that Honda dealers use to reference genuine Honda part numbers. Includes exploded diagrams of all parts assemblies, part numbers, color code information, frame and engine number references, and a handy cross reference table. Parts catalogs are a must have for Honda racing bike customers who frequently order spare parts.

• Like 1