First dirt bike!!

Hey guys, my name is Ryan and as the post says I just bought my first bike, a 2002 Honda xr 200. Dropped $1200 on it a few days ago thinking it was in pretty good shape. I rode it, ran through all the gears before I bought it. I bought it at night so it was dark, and after seeing it in the light I'm still convinced it's in pretty good shape all though I noticed the exhaust is pretty rusty, and there was a little bit of rust on the frame, but the motor still looks like it's in solid shape. So what do you guys think? Based on the pictures do you think the bike is in good shape?

thrilled to get in to dirt biking and join the community here!!

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

Edited by Motley Crue

Don't expect to resell that for 1200 when you grow out of it. Haven't seen the rest of the bike but just by looking at those photos, I wouldn't have spent that much on it. But hey, it's a first buy for you and it's all a learning curve.

This forum could have given you more help had you posted photos of the bike before the purchase and asked us if you should buy it or not, cuz I guarantee you would be riding a different bike.