Aftermarket Radiators

Just wondering if anyone has any good tips for aftermarket radiators for 2013 ktm 250sx.

my OEM ones are bent twisted and missing the tabs and Im not willing to fork out top dollar for them again, I have used fluidyne before but even they're quite expensive.(more expensive now than I thought they used to be)

Have heard alot of the aftermarket brands don't fit properly or sit hard on the expansion chamber etc, if anyone can throw out some brand names that do fit thatd be sweet.

Cheers

Presume you mean the Chinese ones ? If so, they are pretty solid built with plenty of tig reinforcing around the spouts and seams (to the point they look a bit untidy). Two minor issues with them - the top spouts which go into your T piece are not recessed like oem, they actually stick out a bit far. We had to use a bit of brute force and a longer bolt for the top mounts. However, the holes all lined up fine. Once the shrouds and rad grilles were back on not noticeable. Also they seem to come with lighter rad caps (Honda?) and we had to ask the retailer for a 1.8 cap - the oem KTM cap doesn't fit.

• Like 1

I've used both Chinese and Myler.  I would only use the Myler ones again.  Both look like good quality but the Chinese ones didn't have enough flow or something and created more cap lifting.  The stock and the Myler ones cool better in my experience.

• Like 2

Suppose it depends on what you are using them for. We had the Chinese ones for 125 mx racing and never had any cooling issues. Can't comment on how they would be for pottering about or slower woods work say.

• Like 1

Have Mylers fix them.  I have tried Chinese ebay rads on a Yamaha, Honda, and a 2010 KTM.  Out of 5 sets attempted one set fit the Yami,  the Honda and KTM weren't even close.  The seller did offer me a 10 dollar credit to "make them fit", lol.  

For 160ish plus shipping Mylers will fix, and brace them.  I've had them do a few for me and am always impressed with how nice and straight they come back.  Plus, it's a family business located in the good old USA, support small business!!

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 2