Sign in to follow this  

Magura clutch

I just ordered a Magura Clutch kit from Rocky Mountain mc. It's the gen 2 version I guess according to the reviews. I have googled and read as many posts as possible on various forums and have found mixed reviews. Some said it was a joke as far as mounting because of the curved pulling action of the clutch arm and others said with shimming it was fine. I'm just curious if anybody on here has the clutch on their wr, and can let me know if it really does give a nice easy clutch pull, has a reasonable installation without major modifications, or if I'm wasting my money and better spending ot on an asv clutch lever setup or something.

Thanks.

I have one in my 2012. It is a nice mod imo, but it does require a bit of jimmy rigging. I shimmed it a bit and trimmed the capacitor bracket so that the slave cylinder could pivot as the clutch went through its stroke. It makes the pull a bit easier, maybe 10%. I also replaced three of my clutch springs with wr250 springs which make a much better difference in the pull force. It's a 1 finger all day pull and I have yet to feel it slip. 200+ hours like that and the plates are still good.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply, that sounds good. I found this

https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Bike-Parts/Clutch-Components/Magura-Yamaha-WR450F-12-15-167-Clutch-Kit/M0120523-50

It shows them selling the kit with a custom bracket which allows the cylinder to pivot? So it doesn't bind. That's my understanding anyway. I emailed them and asked if I would be able to purchase just the mount as I do not think the kit I just ordered from Rocky Mountain comes with that. But if I am able to rig it up like you did I guess there's no point in buying that other mount. It will probably be easier to understand when I get the actual kit in front of me.

This is the reply I got. Anybody have any idea what they are talking about? Arc mount?

Hey there,

Thanks for the enquiry!

Unfortunately Magura do not make these pieces anymore. They have suggested trying ARC in the USA as they stock them but are not currently imported into Australia. Will work out much cheaper for shipping and time wise if you contact your local ARC supplier opposed us importing the item and it taking 3 months to arrive and then shipping back.

Cheers,

Demi

That is a different bracket than the one that came in my kit from RMATV. Hard to tell from the pic if it would solve the issue though.

On 5/31/2017 at 4:08 AM, Eric Landmark said:

This is the reply I got. Anybody have any idea what they are talking about? Arc mount?

Hey there,

Thanks for the enquiry!

Unfortunately Magura do not make these pieces anymore. They have suggested trying ARC in the USA as they stock them but are not currently imported into Australia. Will work out much cheaper for shipping and time wise if you contact your local ARC supplier opposed us importing the item and it taking 3 months to arrive and then shipping back.

Cheers,

Demi

They are talking about ARC, they make levers, perches, etc    https://arclevers.com/

Thanks for the reply, I went that route and snooped around on their website but couldn't find anything. Maybe they don't do it anymore, maybe you need to call... I found some threads on dirt bike world that had some good info. I guess if you go without using one of the brass bushings or something it allows the slave cylinder to pivot. I'll have to look closely at it when I get to installing it.