Moto to dual-sport??

Probably not the right section, but posting it here anyways since I put one in Kawi 2-stroke, but no hits.

So I have a 2000 KX 250, no battery, but has the stock pj carb. Are there any kits to convert it to a legal Street machine without spending upwards towards $400 like the Baja kits? I've seen some of these kits that have external batteries, but have also read that they die fairly quickly. I've also seen a thread where somebody powered all their lights and horn off of the pj carb. How is this possible? Also, if anybody's done a conversion like me post pics and how you did it. Thanks!

Probably not the right section, but posting it here anyways since I put one in Kawi 2-stroke, but no hits.

So I have a 2000 KX 250, no battery, but has the stock pj carb. Are there any kits to convert it to a legal Street machine without spending upwards towards $400 like the Baja kits? I've seen some of these kits that have external batteries, but have also read that they die fairly quickly. I've also seen a thread where somebody powered all their lights and horn off of the pj carb. How is this possible? Also, if anybody's done a conversion like me post pics and how you did it. Thanks!

Laws for converting dirt bikes to street legal motorcycles vary greatly state to state. 1st check local laws to see what is required. Some states it's very simply well others it is simply not possible.

The power jet carb isn't going to power street gear. The best way is a lighting coil equiped stator and then add all of the necessary lights/ ect. for your location.

Laws for converting dirt bikes to street legal motorcycles vary greatly state to state. 1st check local laws to see what is required. Some states it's very simply well others it is simply not possible.

The power jet carb isn't going to power street gear. The best way is a lighting coil equiped stator and then add all of the necessary lights/ ect. for your location.

I've decided to piece parts together from eBay for now to be legal. Is there a do it all harness for everything or do I have to wire differently to the stator