ktm vs gas gas. Good trade?

I have an 08 200XCW ktm that I'm thinking of selling to get a 300. A guy online wants to trade me for his 2011 gas gas ec300. Aside from hours and condition is this a good trade? I like the looks of the bike, has all the parts on it I like. I've just heard the gas gas was super heavy. The 2015 in a shootout was supposed to be 270 pounds which is ridiculous. Online specs say this bike is 224 dry weight but don't know if that's true. Any input is appreciated thanks!

I have an 08 200XCW ktm that I'm thinking of selling to get a 300. A guy online wants to trade me for his 2011 gas gas ec300. Aside from hours and condition is this a good trade? I like the looks of the bike, has all the parts on it I like. I've just heard the gas gas was super heavy. The 2015 in a shootout was supposed to be 270 pounds which is ridiculous. Online specs say this bike is 224 dry weight but don't know if that's true. Any input is appreciated thanks!

My '99 is 262 full of fuel ready to ride with skids etc. Most people don't know the weight of what they are riding. And they are heavier than they think.

Thats a great trade. I'd take it in a heartbeat. 2011 is a fantastic bike.

If you was already looking for mo powa then this is a good trade but your bike may hold more value due to its popularity and the fact that KDM don't make it no more. 

If you weigh less than 200 pounds then maybe be concerned about the "heavy" GasGas. Otherwise, go ride and have fun. The GasGas 300 is supposed to be the most luggable torque machine but then also has crazy MX like top end too. The KDM 300 is said to be similar but it's not. 

• Like 1

If you was already looking for mo powa then this is a good trade but your bike may hold more value due to its popularity and the fact that KDM don't make it no more. 

If you weigh less than 200 pounds then maybe be concerned about the "heavy" GasGas. Otherwise, go ride and have fun. The GasGas 300 is supposed to be the most luggable torque machine but then also has crazy MX like top end too. The KDM 300 is said to be similar but it's not. 

I'm 180. That 2011 is not 270.

What kind of riding and where do you ride? The gnarlier the trail the better the gg.

What you say about resale is true. Ktm will hold more value than gg.

Go ride it and see.

Also, be fair, I am biased to gg. I love mine. And I have 2. My 18 year old rides one as well. The bikes just suit us.

• Like 1

I ride mostly single track. The gnarlier it is the more I like it. I'll go check out the bike and see my biggest concern was just the weight of the bike and if it was super heavy. Good to know about the value too my bikes priced about 500 more then his right now so will take that into account.

5 hours ago, Onzalimey said:

I ride mostly single track. The gnarlier it is the more I like it. I'll go check out the bike and see my biggest concern was just the weight of the bike and if it was super heavy. Good to know about the value too my bikes priced about 500 more then his right now so will take that into account.

Don't judge it by lifting it onto the stand or picking it up from the ground. Ride it on a slow trail to see. They're supposed to be very good at gnarly single track (trials bike origins like the Beta).

• Like 1