MAVTV on Directv

I signed that last year and it's still in shity-def

I don't know why but watching shity-def on an HD set is worse than watching the old glass tube TV's

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 2

Went to the link and posted this in the comment box.....won't help :thumbsdn:

Why am i paying for HD and watching sports in low def? Especially when I find this on MAVTV's website!!!

"MAVTV broadcasts all of its content in crystal clear 1080 HD and offers it to every distributor at no additional cost. If MAVTV is in SD on your system, call your provider and request that they offer MAVTV in HD."

Get your act together or I'm switching to Comcast. They have faster internet anyway

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 1

well here's the response from directv, I bet if enough people complain they could make room on their satellite!

Although we do not carry MavTV in HD right now and we don’t currently have plans to add it to our lineup, your feedback is important to us. We often make changes based on our viewers' comments. However, the reasons are often technical. HD channels take up more space on our satellites and our capacity is limited. As satellite capacity increases, we review our programming lineup for enhancements and channel additions.

• Like 2

Why am i paying for HD and watching sports in low def? Especially when I find this on MAVTV's website!!!
"MAVTV broadcasts all of its content in crystal clear 1080 HD and offers it to every distributor at no additional cost. If MAVTV is in SD on your system, call your provider and request that they offer MAVTV in HD."
Get your act together or I'm switching to Comcast. They have faster internet anyway

Comcast doesn't even have Mavtv.

I dumped ALL satellite and cable providers. I only have the Amazon Fire stick on all my TVs now. With that, I added the NBC Sports Gold app to all my devices. I watched Glen Helen in full HD on my TV with zero glitches and NO commercials. It's the exact type of app I have been waiting to be released so I can dump all tv carriers. As an added bonus, I don't have to hear the wife listening to that fag who does the housewife reality tv shows. 

8 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

I dumped ALL satellite and cable providers. I only have the Amazon Fire stick on all my TVs now. With that, I added the NBC Sports Gold app to all my devices. I watched Glen Helen in full HD on my TV with zero glitches and NO commercials. It's the exact type of app I have been waiting to be released so I can dump all tv carriers. As an added bonus, I don't have to hear the wife listening to that fag who does the housewife reality tv shows. 

I have nothing that will stream it.. hate having to upgrade my elc every few years.. :smashpc: have so many elc devices cant keep track anymore.  My WD media player is very format friendly and will play about anything.  Might have to go there again.

fag thing, that sounds personal.. basement works for most cures.

11 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

I have nothing that will stream it.. hate having to upgrade my elc every few years.. :smashpc: have so many elc devices cant keep track anymore.  My WD media player is very format friendly and will play about anything.  Might have to go there again.

fag thing, that sounds personal.. basement works for most cures.

A Firestick is around $50. The Gold app is $50.

They haven't put basements in California homes since the 40s. My house was built in 99.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubu said:

Comcast doesn't even have Mavtv.

That may be why they haven't responded to my rant

Should have said Dish

2 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

A Firestick is around $50. The Gold app is $50.

They haven't put basements in California homes since the 40s. My house was built in 99.

thats not bad, will check it out more.  

my placed was finished in 33, started 30.   Yes it has cement floors.. Why no basements? foundation needs to float?

7 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

thats not bad, will check it out more.  

my placed was finished in 33, started 30.   Yes it has cement floors.. Why no basements? foundation needs to float?

Earthquakes and basements don't get along very well together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meyermetal said:

That may be why they haven't responded to my rant

Should have said Dish

I had the full DTV package. 2 hours after I dumped them the corporate office in Dallas called me and asked "what if they were to give me the same package for under $100 a month?" I said I would be extremely pissed since I had been a customer for 17 years and paying $200+ a month for the last three of it. Silence on the other end. Maybe they thought I would be happy?

Ever since AT&T bought out DTV, the service has gone to shit and the prices have gone up. AT&T ruins everything they touch. Trust me, I'm in the business. 

5 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

I had the full DTV package. 2 hours after I dumped them the corporate office in Dallas called me and asked "what if they were to give me the same package for under $100 a month?" I said I would be extremely pissed since I had been a customer for 17 years and paying $200+ a month for the last three of it. Silence on the other end. Maybe they thought I would be happy?

Ever since AT&T bought out DTV, the service has gone to shit and the prices have gone up. AT&T ruins everything they touch. Trust me, I'm in the business. 

We've been with DTV for a while now. The thing that pisses me off is that Comcast just upgraded our internet service here at the office at no charge and were now downloading at 180mbs while the best ATT can do for me at home is 30. The router is a POS and needs to be reset every couple of weeks and while streaming movies it buffers an hour in all the time

I never do anything to the router here at the office....it just works....so I want Comcast at home now. Same price as ATT and triple the speed

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 3:54 PM, meyermetal said:

I don't think it's available on Comast?  Not here or in the PNW from what I could gather?

11 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

We've been with DTV for a while now. The thing that pisses me off is that Comcast just upgraded our internet service here at the office at no charge and were now downloading at 180mbs while the best ATT can do for me at home is 30. The router is a POS and needs to be reset every couple of weeks and while streaming movies it buffers an hour in all the time

I never do anything to the router here at the office....it just works....so I want Comcast at home now. Same price as ATT and triple the speed

Comcast is all I will use for internet. AT&T can't touch their speeds.

4 hours ago, Mongo134 said:

I been there too... dtv customer for many years off and on, 20 at least.  had it when the first box'es came out and where hacked.

they did not in the past offer shit for valued customers, now time has changed and they are offering deals for past long term'ers.

my dtv service is usually good and never have to call them.  You must have internet pkg with third party.  They do not get along here, my dsl is separate from dtv..  until the next merger.  

Since Roku now supports Directv Now
I cancelled my DIRECTV account after 15 years today.
Months ago I jumped on the DIRECTV now 100+ channels for 35.00
I added the NBC gold, could not be happier, saving about 125.00 a month

• Like 1