Fuel filter and fuel flow

Anyone running a fuel filter like this?

IMG_20170530_164856_zpsch0v78ms.jpg

Just wondering if it effects the bike under full throttle?

been using them for years on all my bikes for extra protection!never had any kind of issue.

I've run them before and as long as the fuel doesn't empty out, it shouldn't.

Bikes have a very fine screen in petcock.  No need for those filters . Take petcock off clean filter andtank keep dirt out ofyour gas can it's that easy :thumbsup:

• Like 5

I always run them. A little extra insurance if something happens to the petcock's nylon screen. Maybe overkill but fueling up mid-race is never the most sanitary. 

If your carb flows quicker than that filter you'll get about 10miles per tank lol

• Like 1

OK, it does look lawn mower sized, so good to know . I like it just to see what the gas looks like. 

I agree with the brittleness.  I've seen a few snap off.  If you replace it regularly, it shouldn't be a problem.

4 hours ago, Gary YZDOC said:

They get brittle before they get dirty in my experience. Petcock does an excellent job, but "can" fail also. 

That's certainly a possibility, mine gets changed every winter and in doing that I've never had a problem

You can test the flow on them by simply running out a gallon into a bucket.  That particular one is a dead ringer to ones that would NOT keep the float bowl full on either my cr500 or kx500 when used on the ice.  They worked fine for most of the dirt riding though.   I might consider using them again when I get around to buying something for the dirt that is injected,  but if you do tank maintenance at least annually I don't see a need for one with the simpler two stroke carburetors.   For the ones that came on the four strokes though,  it makes sense if it saves you one cleaning.